Monday, July 5, 2010

Green Thumb

About two weeks ago I got it in my head that I needed to make our patio/deck/balcony area a little prettier. I think it was seeing all my friends and their gardens that they have in their backyards. I don't have a backyard... *sigh*.

I went to Menard's to look for some flower boxes and other stuff.

Here's what I ended up with...



The view from our back door. We have a rug out there and it kinda makes it feel like another room. Plus, it was easier for Henry when he was crawling. You can kinda see the baby gate that we put up so he doesn't crawl around and bug our neighbors or head down the stairs (we share a set of stairs).



I bought three of the flower boxes (that have notches cut out for the deck rails) and the hanging basket you can barely see on the right side.



Here's the view from the back. We love that we have a small wooded area to look into. It makes it feel less like we're living in an apartment. Yesterday there were three baby deer that ran across the back. So cute!

It's a shame it's too hot to go on the deck and enjoy it!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Prettttty.

p.s. i also like the slide.

Unknown said...

That looks so nice! I do enjoy having a garden now, but I have to say, I really like a nice little apartment porch. It just shows how much that person cares how their home looks and feels. Nice job girl!