Monday, October 1, 2012

Henry's Big Big Boy Bed

We had to make a decision about what size mattress to buy Henry since a) he was outgrowing the toddler bed and b) we needed the crib mattress that he was sleeping on for the baby's room.

After a whole lot of deliberation, we went with a full size mattress. Big enough for guests to use (we'll be kicking Henry out of his room if people stay with us) and small enough that his room isn't swallowed by a mattress.

He LOVES his new 'pace bed and 'pace room.  Already he's a professional bed-jumper-up-and-downer. It's actually part bed, part trampoline.




Space wall decals (clearance for $3), lamp,  and bedding courtesy of Target. I even got two sets of his sheets on major sale for $7.49 each!

Right now the mattress is on the floor because I am having a hard time deciding about what bed I want for him. Actually, it's more about how long I am willing to save up for the bed. There's one I will need to wait awhile for, and one that I will need to wait a long freaking time for. Or I could just get a bed frame and call it a day. We'll see.

We bought him the star lamp (on the wall) from Ikea. He thinks it's the coolest night-light there ever was.

You can't hardly tell, but there's a little red night-stand next to his bed. It was unfinished ($14.99) at Ikea and I painted it red. It's perfect for his nightly bowl of plain Cheerios (what he calls 'baby cereal' since that's what the baby in this house eats) and water.

I would have loved to have painted in here, but that just wasn't going to fit the time frame with the new baby coming. We have a lot left to do before I lose my mind. Maybe in the summer. 




Still have somewhat of a collage on his wall. I have some new space-themed prints I made him that I need to swap out for what is currently in there.




More space decals, his two closets (lucky boy) and another night-light.  This night light projects Lightening McQueen and Mater on his ceiling.


And instead of an empty room, this is what baby #3's room looks like now. Major improvement... we have a crib, hand-me-down mattress, and a mattress pad cover. Snazzy.



1 comment:

Abbey said...

such cute bedding!