Friday, October 5, 2012

Paige's Real Bedroom

No more sleeping in the closet for this girl!

I am SUPER proud of myself for what I was able to do with Paige's room for very little $$. A lot of things in her room are recycled in some way.

The frame is from Ikea (already owned) but I painted in teal. The background is chalkboard paint. I'm in the process of writing a quote in there, but my girl has been sleeping a bunch lately so it makes it tough to get in there!

By the way: I am really picky about chalkboard paint. I do not like the look where when you erase something you can see what it was and it's all smudgy. I took a bet that Martha didn't like that look either. Sure enough, it's fantastic! I can wipe off the chalk and it looks fresh and clean. Ahhh... perfect for my OCD. Here's what I used. With my 40% off coupon, it was a great deal. I still have a bunch left, too. 


The pennant banner/bunting is from Selby Lane. I created her new logo and she sent me some free stuff. This was one of them.  Crib is hand-me-down from Henry.

Lamp from Target (new), tray from Ikea (spray painted pink) and the wipes container is from Huggies, I just covered it in Amy Butler scrapbook paper I already had to match some other things in her room.



Frames with more Amy Butler scrapbook paper. I already had all of this stuff. 




Inside part of her closet.




And the other side... I'm sure all this free space will fill up in no time.

 


This used to be our dresser, but we gave it to Paige. The only thing I did was replace the dark grey knobs with clear knobs from Ikea.

Here's the room with old knobs...



And new ones. Much better. I think it cost $6 for all 12 knobs. The yellow "P" is from JoAnn's... I think it was $1 (cardboard) and I painted it with some yellow paint.



I did splurge on a new pink changing pad cover. Previously I had cream (it was getting yucky) and dark brown.

I love these little doll beds from Ikea, so I bought one for Paige. The bedding that it comes with is horribly ugly, so I made her some new stuff with leftover fabric scraps I had. Cute huh?! 



And a new mattress pad, of course.




Here are the ruffle curtains I bought. By far the most expensive part of the new room. They're from Target, but they ran $19.99 per panel.

The faux chandelier is from Urban Outfitters a long time ago. She used to lay in our bed and stare at it for the longest time so we gave it to her when we moved.

The frame in the middle of the windows is something I already had. It's got a sheet of metal in it, so it's basically a magnetic board.



Here's her little reading nook. I had this chair (I bought it for $5 along the side of a road in Lansing at some farm) and just spray painted it pink. The two pillows are made with Amy Butler fabric (surprise, surprise) and I've had them for about 5 years.



Finally, we bought new light switch plate and outlet plate covers. It's amazing how much this little update makes such a big difference. They are fairly inexpensive as long as you don't have bunches and bunches of outlets in a room.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute room! Great job Leslie! :)