This week has been a week of crazy growth and development for the Paigey girl.
She'll be 9 months old in two days, so it's about time I wrote down some of the other fun and notable things about her.
First. She's awfully cute.
I mean. CUTE.
Here's a recap of our week so far:
Sunday: I bought her a Cabbage Patch Kid (the small ones) from Wal-Mart and came home to start working with her on being nice to 'the baby'. I'm grasping for straws here, because, honestly... what the heck can she understand at this point? This new baby (the real one) is gonna get the crap beat out of it from day #1. It has no hope.
I showed her the baby and said, "Paigey, can you kiss your baby?" To my surprise, she leaned in and (French) kissed the baby. It was so sweet. From then on, every time you ask her where the baby is or to kiss the baby she will. Let's hope she's as gentle with the real thing.
Monday: She started clapping!
Tuesday: She said her first word, "uh-oh"!
Wednesday: I walked into her room to get her after her nap and she was up on her knees hanging on to the side of the crib. She's so close to pulling herself up to a standing position, but she needs a bit more arm muscle.
Thursday: Her first tooth! (Lower right, central incisor.) We have been SUPER lucky with the kids because neither Henry or Paige seems to be bothered by cutting teeth. Let's hope this trend continues.
Since today's Friday, we're on pins and needles waiting to see what she comes up with today!
FYI: these apple/pumpkin pics were taken on September 16th when we took the kids to Highland Orchard to pick apples.
Some other facts about our girl...
1) She is very, very independent. She's not snugly or very needy (for her age). She is content to do her own thing. Dustin and I think it's a treat when she rests her head on us at all.
2) She is absolutely one of the happiest (maybe the happiest) baby I've ever met. She is constantly smiling about everything and to everyone.
3) She is tough. Too tough, actually. She's so in love with Henry and everything he does that he often is too rough with her and she doesn't cry. A couple weeks ago he randomly bit her knee fat and left teeth marks in her leg and she didn't cry or yell. When Henry gets angry with me, often times he takes his frustration out on Paige in the form of knocking on her head, pulling her arm or leg, or taking a toy away from her. I get so mad because Paige usually doesn't cry or fuss or do anything! It makes is challenging to discipline Henry because he probably thinks I'm nuts when I tell him "that hurts her".
4) She's not fearful of strangers and doesn't mind being held by someone she doesn't know.
5) She's a screamer. She screams to be heard and when she's happy. Which is a lot. A LOT.
6) She's still a good little sleeper. She loves her crib and sleeps best there. This is weird for me because Henry would (and still will) sleep deeply anywhere. If she falls asleep in her car seat she won't stay asleep at all, or at least for very long, if you pick her up and move her. This is a bummer.
7) She's a chunk. I'm not sure how much she weighs, but she can wear 12 month tops and 12-18 month pants. She still does wear 6-12 month dresses. She's most just chubby, chubby legs.
8) She has crazy ticklish feet.
10) She will eat anything. This includes sand, leaves, sticks, grass, mulch and lint. She prefers a big chunk of pizza crust (the part Henry won't eat), but she'll happily eat sand.
Here she is with her BFF. He's still a pumpkin-head.
Funny story: the other day I was yelling at her from the kitchen because she was trying to chew on a lamp cord. I yelled, "Paige Elizabeth!" and clapped my hand loudly. Henry heard me and then yelled, "Paigey Littlebits!" I was dying laughing. Elizabeth, Littlebits... I can see it. :)
Happy (almost) 9 months Paigey Littlebits.








2 comments:
she is so darling. and as always, great pics.
ok. Paigey Litlebits is the greatest nick name I've ever heard. Take that and run with it! She is so amazingly beautiful. And yes, your pics are always awesome. :) love.
Post a Comment