Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland

On Sunday we decided to go to Bronner's.



What's Bronner's you ask? It's the world's largest CHRISTmas store and it's about an hour and a half away from Lansing. (Frankenmuth, Michigan)

I'm spelling it "CHRISTmas" because that's how they do it. It's a Christian company and they wanna put the Christ back in CHRISTmas, doggone it!

I had downloaded a map of the store online and I knew this was gonna be a huge undertaking. We were hoping that while we were there, they would have a Santa so that we could get Henry's pictures taken.

The store was wonderful, but very crowded. We kind of expected it to be crowded, but we expected the store to be a little more wide open. Either way, they had lots of fun ornaments and decorations.

We got a few ornaments that were meaningful to us this year (the state of Michigan, a frog and a maple leaf) and paid an arm and a leg for them. I suppose it's probably normal pricing, but I usually get Christmas stuff the day after Christmas at Pier 1 or Target. Paying $9 an ornament about killed me.

The best part of the day was getting to take Henry to see Santa. We waited an hour and a half (but we shopped in the store while we waited... they had a sticker system that was really nice). You don't have to pay to see Santa and you MUST take your own pictures. They don't have a photographer. It was nice not paying $20 for a single 5x7 at the mall like I did last year.

There was lot of cool little displays set up while you were in line for Santa.



Henry loved looking at everything.



He didn't take a nap, so I was pretty impressed.



Santa, what's that furry stuff you're wearing?



Afterwards, Santa gave Henry a little shooting star ornament.

Henry promptly fell asleep the minute we hit the parking lot, but Dustin and I drove around the town a little bit. It looks SUPER cute. We can't wait to go back sometime and check out all of the other cute sights.

No comments: