There's not much you can do when companies screw you over these days except put your money elsewhere or complain about it on your blog.
I'd put my money elsewhere, but in this case it's a car, so I can't exactly run out and buy another one.
I have automatic payments set up to come out of our checking account every month for Dustin's car payment. It's wonderful. I don't have to think about it. It just happens. Voila!
I have been paying $4.01 more than the required payment because it makes the payment an easy whole number that I remember.
Toyota has been bugging the crap out of me telling me that I'm overpaying and that now I only owe $148 for my payment (instead of the required $215.99). I thought it might be nice to pay $70 less in October so that we could use the money on Christmas gifts. I changed my payment for October to reflect the lesser amount. I made sure this was a one-time change.
Apparently, the person on the phone that assured me it was a one-time change sucks at their job.
Toyota called me today to try and collect the remaining amount on the car payment for November since it went through as the lesser amount AGAIN this month.
After 15 minutes of fixing it all online (making the make-up payment and fixing the future payments), something even more stupid happened.
The guy on the phone had to read me a 2 minute legal statement since I have a cell phone as my primary number.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?
I don't even think I can name 10 people that still have home phone lines. EVERYONE uses their cell phones as their primary number.
He read a statement, I had to verbally reply "YES". He read another statement, I had to reply "YES".
And on and on it went.
Why in the hell do companies make things so difficult? I know it's only two more minutes of my time, but is it really necessary?!
1 comment:
That is very annoying.
You can cross me off that list of people who still have a home phone. We cancelled ours. we didn't use it, and I was tired of paying for it!
Post a Comment