I had big plans of painting one of the walls, buying a nice big rug, and adding some frame ledges and new artwork.
I decided I wanted to make this a "free" project, so I skipped the painting and the rug and the frame ledges and just went with the new artwork. Henry doesn't care about what his room looks like, so I wanted to spend as little money as possible.
Here's some before shots.


Sometimes I hang his clean laundry on the frame ledge until I put it away.



It's hard to tell, but the wall is covered in those glow-in-the-dark stars. Also, that orange strip is a magnetic board.
Here's how it looks now:

I rearranged the toys and organized the shelves.

I took off the stars, removed the magnetic board, took off the vinyl monkey, and added all the framed artwork I made/already had.
Here's a close-up of what I made:

Frame on sale at JoAnn's ($3), some scrapbook paper I already had and two cards from a pack of October Afternoon embellishments I bought awhile back.

Some scrap fabric I already had, a sale frame from Michaels and a free silhouette I made of Henry. (I like how you can see me taking the picture in his little head.)

This one is my favorite. I used some white scrapbook paper, some alphabet card embellishments I already had from K&Company and miscellaneous letter stickers in my stash.

Orange paper from my stash, and number cards from October Afternoon.

I bought this print from Etsy (from Mati Rose) before Henry was born. The beehive has significance to me and I thought it was too cute. It was already matted and framed and sitting on his shelf across the room. I just moved it over to the wall collage.

Another card from a different pack of K&Company alphabet cards that I had.

I took the pictures off the frame ledge so you can see the vinyl animals better. I added some favorite books to the end of the ledge. He can look at these while he's getting his diaper changed.
I also used some more of the fabric from his silhouette picture and made a pillow case for the small pillow that's on his changing pad. I didn't have enough fabric to do both sides of the pillow case, so one side is orange fish.
Other than this stuff, I just went around the room and filled holes and used touch-up paint to cover the markings that Henry's made over the past several months. Just using touch-up paint made a huge difference. It's amazing how many little dings and marks kids make. Now the room feels cleaner.
In total, I spent about $35 in frames. Everything else I already had. It's not too different, but it was enough to satisfy my desire for redoing the room.
1 comment:
i like it.
Post a Comment