Tonight I'm starting on the final book. I must really have Harry Potter on the brain because I called Henry Harry last night.
I'd like to give my opinion about Harry Potter thus far and ask for yours, too! Warning, there's some spoilers in here for those who are even further behind the times than I am.
Here's my ranking of which books I've liked the best:

#3 - Prisoner of Azkaban
#6 - Half-Blood Prince
#4 - Goblet of Fire
#2 - Chamber of Secrets
#1 - Sorcerer's Stone
#5 - Order of the Phoenix
I was reading happily until I came upon book #5. When Sirius died, I got pissed off and chucked the book for a few weeks. It wasn't until my friend Mandy convinced me that it was worth it to finish that I started to get over my grief.
My sister can't believe it, but I was more upset when Sirius died than when Dumbledore did. I don't know what made me so attached to Sirius, but I was. I still am. It still makes me mad. I hate Bellatrix.
I must say that I am totally amazed at how good these books are. Ms. Rowling has amazing talent. To think how complex and woven the intricate stories of these books are seems almost impossible to me... and I've only read them once! I can't imagine the things I've missed in my haste to get to the next page.
So tell me which books are your favorite? Where you more attached to Sirius or Dumbledore? AND DON'T FORGET... I haven't read the last book and I don't know what happens!
4 comments:
1. I am glad you are back to reading & enjoying!!
2. I am/was WAY more attached to Dumbledore. Sirius was just eeh to me.
3. My order of favorites after I read the first time was 4, 6, 7, 1, 2, 5, 3.
4. You inspired me to re-read so my favorites may change. I appreciate 3 now way more than I ever did. 3 and 4 have SO much foreshadowing that I never noticed!
6. 3. 4. 7. 2. 5. 1.
#3 has always been my favorite, probably followed by #1. Chamber of Secrets is easily my least favorite, though it grew on my as I finished the series and started to understand the context of it. But after book #4, I feel like I can't pull one out of the pack -- it's more like one long saga.
Losing Sirius was sad, but Dumbledore was devastating. And you should definitely have some tissues on hand as you work your way through Deathly Hallows...
I have cried each time a character was offed because I was THAT invested in the books. I was sad when Sirius died, but devastated when Dumblydore died! I thought, "That lil Harry Potter can't catch a break!" which was then followed by, "HOW is he going to defeat Voldemort without Dumbledore?" I was distraught. I sobbed. I was on PINS-N-NEEDLES waiting for the last book, which I read in one night because I NEEDED to know how it would end!!!! There was a character in the last book that died and it completely wrecked me . . .
Post a Comment