Tuesday, November 9, 2010

16 Months Old

Henry Hankins is 16 months old today.

It's been awhile since I did an update about his little self, so I thought I'd catch up.

1. The boy has an attitude. He hits, screams and stomps his stinky little feet when he's upset. If we tell him no, usually he tried to hit us. Then when he gets a time out he screams and cries and throws a huge fit.

1.5. Dustin's office is now the Time Out Room. The pack-n-play is set up ready and for naughty boys.

2. He loves to dance when he hears music.

3. He loves watching Signing Time and Veggie Tales.

4. He's not a big talker, but he does really well with signing.

5. He says "Baby" and "Dada" and "Uh-oh".

6. If I ask him to say "Mama" he says "Dada". Every. Single. Time.

7. He still takes two naps a day. For a minute there I thought he was down to one, but that was a fluke.

8. He lights up when Dustin comes home from work. He runs to the door and wants picked up.

9. He thinks he's pretty big stuff. He wants to push the stroller, the cart, the vacuum, take dishes out of the dishwasher, climb on the table, stand on the arms of the couch...

10. Bedtime is back to 7:00. If he goes to bed later than 7:00, he won't sleep through the night.

11. When I say 'sleep through the night', I mean that he wakes up between 5:30-6:30am. That's still nighttime in my opinion...

12. He loves bananas. He eats one almost every morning for breakfast.

13. Sometimes when he wakes up in the morning, I'll bring him in bed with us to see if he will sleep for another hour-ish. Most of the time he won't. Instead he'll make this little "uh uh uh" sound until we look at him and then start signing "eat". Hunger trumps sleep, I guess.

14. He fell asleep in the car and we carried his sleepy little tush into Half-Priced Books. I thought he was gonna wake up, but instead we crammed him into the tiny cart so he could continue sleeping. Poor guy.



15. He is learning his body parts. He knows his head, nose, ears and wiener. The funny part is that when I ask him where "it" is when his diaper is off, he knows exactly where "it" is. If his diaper is on, he points to his belly. Cracks me up.

16. Who needs to go pee on the potty when you can just beg for the M&M's on the counter instead?

17. He crapped the tub about three weeks ago.

18. We were at the store and some guy asked us where Henry got his red hair (this is a question we get asked almost every single time we go out). We replied with the usual, 'oh, we don't know... somewhere far back.' The guy then turned to us and said, 'well, at least he's not bald'. Dustin pointed out that the obvious implication was that the only thing worse than having red hair is being bald. Nice.

19. Breakfast is his favorite meal of the day. Sometimes he has two breakfasts. Or three.

20. He now weighs 24.5 pounds and is 31 inches tall. That's 75th percentile for height and 60th for weight, in case you're wondering.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

okay, I love that picture of him. might be a cutest yet in my ever so humble opinion. Glad to hear he's not peeing for m&m's. if that kid is potty-trained before mine, it's ON! :)

Daddy of Henry Hankins said...

21. Henry stops whatever he's doing and runs to the TV when "The Colbert Report" (on Comedy Central) theme song comes on. At the very end of the opening, when the eagle comes toward the screen, Henry starts clapping! Works every time.

Anonymous said...

He's growing so fast! I love the picture of him all slumped over in the cart!