Friday, September 3, 2010

For the Love of Megan

Henry is in love.

Yesterday we had our babysitter, Megan, come over from 2-7 so that I could get some work done at a coffee shop.

Megan is the daughter of one of the Professors that Dustin works with. She's smart, bookish, innocent, and likes kids... all the things you want your babysitter to be.

The minute Megan walked in the door, Henry started acting strange. He looked at me and smiled, then looked at Megan and really smiled.

I left the two of them to play while I finished getting ready. When I came out of the bedroom, Henry was sitting on the floor staring intently into her eyes with a huge, goofy smile plastered all across his face. He was giving her the googly eyes. I asked him what he was doing, and he looked at me then climbed up into Megan's lap. Apparently he needed a better view.

I made my way to the door and kissed Henry (which I'm sure embarrassed him) and then passed him back to Megan so I could make my escape. Henry's been crying when either Dustin or I leave, so I was worried.

But he didn't cry. He didn't make one tiny peep. In fact, the report from Megan was that he was perfect the whole time.

When Dustin came home, Henry looked up at Dustin then immediately went back to playing with Megan. Normally, Henry would run to the door to see either of us. Not so much this time.

Dustin drove her home and when she got out of the car to leave, Henry started crying.

What a little traitor!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wait. is that wedding bells i hear? :)