I know I have lots to say and lots of pictures to post of Henry's birthday parties, but I haven't even taken the pictures off my camera yet.
So for now, I'm going to post 10 things I'm thankful for. I've been feeling awfully greedy lately, so I'm going to try and remind myself of things I already have.
1) A husband that works his ass off for us. I have never met a more hard-working, dedicated person in my life. I'm thankful to be married to someone who cares so much about my future that he works 80+ hours a week to make sure we don't have to worry later.
2) Henry is healthy. The kid hasn't had so much as an antibiotic in his entire life. The worst he's had was a cold that lasted three days. He's a growing, happy, rotten boy... just like he should be.
3) We have air conditioning.
4) My yummy pasta for lunch and leftovers. It's seriously so good! I came up with the recipe last year and I think I finally perfected it.
Recipe:
-Bring half a bag/box of pasta to a boil. I use Gemelli and I really think this is the best. (Abby, you should make everything using this kind of pasta because it comes from the Italian word for 'twins'.)
-Chop one green pepper and one red pepper and let cook in two tablespoons of olive oil.
-After the peppers are soft, add two huge handfuls of baby spinach and let cook down.
-After the pasta cooks, dump the drained pasta into the pan with the peppers and spinach. Let the pasta mix with the other stuff and then add a quarter to a half cup of Italian dressing. The pasta might brown a little in the pan, but that's fine. it actually makes it taste better.
-Take everything out after a few minutes and let it cool in a bowl. While it's cooling cut up fresh mozzarella cheese into small cubes.
-Once the pasta is almost cooled, mix in the cheese... however much you like.
-Eat it. It's great as leftovers, but it should be eaten slightly warm.
5) Not having a gallbladder. It was about this time last year when I started having severe, unexplained pain that lasted until October.
6) McDonald's coffee. You can say all you want about Starbucks and Biggby, but McDonalds is the best. I love it.
7) An apartment that I love. Yesterday they left air filters on our doorstep for the second time in 6 months. They make sure we change them or they change them for us. It's nice to live in a place that actually cares about that kind of stuff.
8) A baby (toddler?) that finally sleeps normally. I put him down awake and he's always asleep within 10-15 minutes. He takes two good naps a day, too. It took a year, but he did it!
9) My new phone and computer. The phone works so much better than the other one, despite the "death grip" problem. My computer isn't new (it's like 2 months old), but it's a huge improvement over the other one. I could still bust Henry's butt for breaking the last one, but I'm happy to have this one as a replacement.
10) Church. I am excited for MOPS to start up again and I'm ready to have a new bible study in the fall. My current one comes to an end this Saturday morning.
What 10 things are you thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment