Monday, September 14, 2009

Henry Updates: 2 Months

I've been meaning to write down a few things that Henry's been doing over the past two months. 


1) Henry has been able to roll over from his tummy to his back since August 14th. He was one month and five days old. I sat him on his play mat on his tummy and went into the kitchen to make him a bottle. When I came back out, he was screaming bloody murder and he was on his back. It's really funny because every time he rolls over, he cries really hard when he gets to his back.

2) He is in the 25th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. He was at birth and he continues to stay on that growth pattern. I guess that makes him kind of a little guy, but he seems like he's getting HUGE!

3) At his last doctor appointment he weighed 11 pounds and 8 ounces and he was 22.5 inches long (that was on September 9th). 

4) He continues to smile more and more every day, be he still won't do it every time we smile at him. We have to make really exaggerated smiles (basically make ourselves look like fools) and then he does it about 60% of the time. 

5) He is stubborn. There's no way around it. This is one of his most obvious personality traits. 

6) He loves, loves, loves his baths. Ever since his first bath in the big tub with me (right after his belly button fell off) he has loved the water. If he's in a bad mood, if you put him in the bath he immediately calms down. He loves to kick his legs in the water. We give him a bath every other day because he loves it so much. 

7) He has the following nicknames: Stinky, Hen, Little Hen, Henny Penny, Henrietta (when he whines like a girl... he actually sounds like a baby girl.), Hanky Panky, Hank, Joe and Henro Joe

8) I don't call him Stinky for the heck of it. This kid still farts all the time. Loud, adult farts. He also burps huge burps that smell like crap. Formula is gross!

9) He always has his hands up by his face. He often tries to fit his hands in his mouth along with his bottle.

10) He is a baby that constantly needs to be held or touched. At the very least he needs to know you're in the same room as he is. He's very sensitive to this. He doesn't do very well entertaining himself. 

11) He is a terrible sleeper. This is probably been the hardest thing so far. Because he likes to be around people so much, he really struggles sleeping in his own room. We had him sleeping in our room in his pack-n-play for the first several weeks, but it's been a constant struggle weaning him off of being in our room. He doesn't even like to be by himself for naps. He got sick a couple weeks ago so we stopped trying and had him stay with us until he got better (he was coughing a lot and I was worried). When I decided to start trying again (two days ago) I realized, thank God, that his crib was broken. I'm so glad I didn't put him in it before I realized that. So we went and bought a new crib and put it together today. We'll see how things go tonight. Cross your fingers! He also fights sleep. I can tell he is SO tired, but if his eyelids start to get heavy, he will open them as wide as he can for as long as he can until he just can't take it anymore. 

12) He has three little woodland creatures that hang from his bouncer seat... a raccoon, an owl and a squirrel. He loves the raccoon. He looks at it and smiles at it and talks to it. It's obvious that he is looking at the raccoon and not the other two animals. Weird. 

13) He loves his Dad. He smiles for Dustin the most. 

14) He is too cool to be held "like a baby" anymore. He wants to be held so that he is sitting up or over your shoulder so he can see what's going on. It's been like this for about 3 weeks now. 

15) When he's tired his eyelids and under his eyes get red. 

16) He still has his red "stork bites" on his eyelids, under his nose and on the back of his neck. The ones on his face are fading, but the one in the back is not fading at all. I was told by the doctor that sometimes the ones on the back of boys necks don't ever go away.

17) He still has red hair. It's definitely red and it's not getting any darker. 

18) His eyes are getting a bit darker towards the inside of his irises. They're still blue, but I think they're on their way to brown.

19) His belly button is still an "outie". 

20) He is eating 4oz. of formula every two hours on the button. He is a hungry boy. 

IMG_1268 

1 comment:

nancy said...

the part about you having to make yourself look like a fool to get him to smile? shouldn't be hard.
:)
love ya, les!