Tonight's the night folks. I've been saying it for a few weeks now and for one reason or another the timing just didn't work out right.
But tonight is the night.
Tonight Henry is sleeping alone in his *new* crib.
Since he was born, he had been sleeping in our room in his pack-n-play. I didn't have a baby monitor at the beginning and I was worried I wouldn't hear him over all of the fans and the loud window a/c unit we have in our bedroom.
But we have a monitor now. And he's not sick anymore. And I'm back from Columbus. And I don't work or have class at all tomorrow, so I can be as dog-tired as I need to be.
For everyone's sake he needs to sleep in his real crib in his own room.
We just put him to bed about 15 minutes ago and I've already had to go up there once to calm him down. He's kinda whining right now, but it hasn't turned into a full-out "Mommy help me" cry.
Nevermind, I spoke too soon. Dustin's on his way up to console him.
During our trip to Columbus this past week, he started sleeping through the night (11-5, which is good enough for me). BUT, he slept in the bed next to me for those days. (Dustin was gone and I didn't want to bring the pack-n-play.)
We'll see if he wants to sleep through the night when he's on his own.
I think this is going to be pretty hard for him because he seriously hates to be alone. He gets all worked up if we even leave the room for a couple minutes and he can't see us. He's definitely a sensitive little guy.
Ok, he's crying again.
Wish us luck! I have a feeling it's going to be a looooooooooooong night.
It's actually probably going to be many long nights...
UPDATE: After consoling Henry three times he went right to sleep and didn't wake up again until 6:18 this morning. Maybe this won't be such a problem after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment