Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July and Baby Room Pics

Dustin and I had a busy weekend! His family came up to visit us Friday night (right after we got out of the hospital) and stayed with us until late this afternoon. We spent Saturday doing a tour of Dustin's office (on campus). He was able to show his family the lab that he works in and the game that he uses to record data in the lab. That night we went to Meridian (a town about 20 minutes away) to watch some fireworks. 


IMG_0282

Dustin and his Mommy!

IMG_0281
Keegan and Kaden (I bought them pop-its and they were running around like crazy trying to bust each other on the foot with them.)

Today we went to church and then back to our place where everyone helped get things back to normal and also get a few of the things on my "to-do list" accomplished. Thanks to their help, we're much closer to getting everything done. I just have a few more things to do tomorrow and I should be set!

Okay...

So here are some pictures from the baby's room. Finally!

IMG_0285

This is the cute diaper wreath that Mandy made for us. It's hanging on the door. :-)

IMG_0289  

This is the view when you open the door. Notice on top of the cubes, on the left, the baby has its very own personal air conditioner unit (an oscillating fan). 

IMG_0288

Dresser/changing pad to the left. (That's my Care Bear and Popple on the right floating book shelf. They're so old!)

IMG_0291

This is the infamous crib. I think it looks pretty good for being 25 years old. You can see inside the beautiful green afghan that Terri made! (I also threw the Boppy in there.) I still have to finish sewing the crib skirt, but the bumper pad is in there that my Mom sewed for us. I'm also going to sew curtains, but I haven't gotten around to it, yet. 

IMG_0286

These are the nesting tables I found at Pottery Barn. That's a cute picture of Dustin from his trip to Australia two summer's ago. (I'm home with the baby all day, so we needed a picture of daddy in case we miss him.)

IMG_0287

This is hanging on the wall above the orange tables. Amy got this for me awhile ago and I thought it went well in here. 

IMG_0292

This is the shelf on the right. The adorable little baby is a picture of me when I was little in the same crib. The other picture of the colorful onesies is actually the card that Amy made for my shower. It was so cute we framed it :-)

Speaking of cute things that Amy made, this is hanging on the closet door. This was part of my shower gift, too.  

IMG_0293

IMG_0294

Here's the baby's tiny little closet. (But at least we have a closet, huh Abs?!) 

All the junk on the top shelf is my crap that I need to find a home for. 

IMG_0290

And finally, these cute little ducks are hanging out on the window sill. 

5 comments:

nancy said...

adorable nursery, les. i love it.

abby said...

Too stinkin' cute! It looks wonderful. Not surprised. :)

Shellie said...

BREAKING NEWS::: THE FRAYS REASON EP CD IS ON ITUNES! $5.99!!

Stephanne said...

I love it, Leslie! It's absolutely adorable!

Tasha Braniff said...

It looks awesome :) Baby will love it!!
And don't you love the "crap" shelf..we have one too. Drives me nutz!