Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hello from Room 302!

Surprise!!


I'm being induced today.

I went to my ultrasound this morning (to check fluid levels) and my fluid was a bit lower than they would have liked. I waited until my regularly scheduled appointment (today at 1:45) and they decided that it was time. There's no messin' around with low fluid. The baby looked great, though. He/she was moving around like crazy. 

They're also worried about my BP and if it gets high during labor it might turn into pre-eclampsia. If so, we're in a bit more trouble... but I'm not going to worry about that until there is something to worry about. 

No going home to get my bag! I had to go straight across the street to the hospital and check in with OB triage. 

Dustin went home with a HUGE list of things to get together. Of course, he did a great job remembering everything. 

So, it's now about 5:20 and I'm sitting in my room. I just got my first dose of medicine to help speed things up. I'm only 1 cm dilated (before any meds.), so it's going to take some time. 

Dustin and I have our computers out, surfing the web for any last-minute baby names, watching Garden State (our favorite movie) and having a good time. 

We'll be back with updates periodically! Stay tuned!!!

6 comments:

nancy said...

les, abby has kept me in the loop. i am so excited for you guys!
i've been thinking it's a boy but now i think it's a girl.
love ya!

Mandy said...

YAY!
I'm thinking good thoughts for all 3 of you!

Stephanne said...

Thinking of/Praying for you! I remember that post-induction wait (even though I slept through half of it.) We watched Shrek 3 times! (My poor husband!)
I am so incredibly excited for you I'm not quite sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. You are going to be SUCH a wonderful mommy, Leslie! Congratulations to you both and welcome to the world baby! :-)

Tasha said...

Awww yay :) I'm thinking of you guys.. I hope it's going well! I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope he/she doesn't give you too many problems :) xoxoxo

Abbey said...

Have fun! :)

Terri said...

I'll be thinking about you guys! Hope things are progressing well. Today is a GREAT day to have a baby :)