Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stuff

I'm going to post pictures and stuff from our mini anniversary weekend soon, but I thought I would share some random stuff right now.


1) I have a major problem doing math homework. I think it's because I really hate math, so I would rather (honestly) clean toilets before doing math homework. This is compounded by the fact that so far this semester I have not done a single assignment, yet I keep getting good grades on quizzes and tests (94% on my first test and 19/20's on all my quizzes). This is not good for me -- it only eggs me on. Things finally caught up to me yesterday, though. I got a 75% on my test. Woops! I guess the party is over. Now I have six sections to do before next Tuesday's class. 

2) I think it's impossible to get a speeding ticket in Michigan. I got passed by a cop last week going 85. The speed limit is 70. The cop was going with the flow of traffic, which was probably about 90mph. Ironically, I hardly ever see any accidents up here (except my own when I hit woodland creatures). 

3) The baby is moving around bunches. It will be kicking the crap out of me and the minute Dustin puts his hand on my belly, the baby stops. The minute he takes his hand off my belly, it starts moving around again. Weird. It was actually kicking so much early this morning that it woke me up. 

4) Dustin got me hooked on using Evernote. I'm obsessed with it, now. It's awesome. Check it out here. 

5) Sewing is fun, but not really more economical that buying stuff at the store. I made a baby blanket yesterday for $36. I could have purchased one for half the price. I think my problem is that I like expensive fabric. See my favorite fabric here. I bought this book and I plan on making the baby bedding from the pattern inside. If I get really bored, I might just finish the quilt I started for my sister 7 months ago. 
Little_stitches_cover


6) If I ever became a millionaire, I would hire someone to be my own personal auto mechanic. Someone that I could trust -- probably a Mormon (they are very trustworthy). I went to the Hyundai dealership up here a few weeks ago and they pretty much told me that my car (two years old) is falling apart. I needed something like $700 in "wear-and-tear" repairs. I thought this was bogus (and so did Dustin and my Dad), so I took it to the Hyundai dealership in Columbus and guess what, my car is fine. The only thing I needed was a couple new tires -- which is totally understandable because I've driven 40k miles on the tires that came with the car and tires usually don't last much past 30k. My awesome Dad hooked me up with some new tires, and I saved $700. Not too shabby. I will NOT be taking my car to the rip-off dealership in Lansing. Ever. Again. I will drive 257 miles to Columbus to get my oil changed, thank you very much. 

7) Our neighbor (the one with three dogs) is in the middle of putting up a "fence" in our backyard to divide the yard. Currently, there is dog crap all over the whole yard, he just lets them run free. I admire his effort in trying to give us some yard without dog crap, but the "fence" he is putting up is laughable. It's a few metal stakes and some chicken-wire that he has zip-tied to the stakes. I'm telling you, if you want to see something classy -- our backyard is where it's at. Thankfully we have a deck, so I can avoid the actual yard. 

8) I am giving myself until 3:00pm today to finish all my homework (except the math stuff). I've wasted 20 minutes on here. Gotta go. 

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I'm with you on the math homework. I hate it too. I kept putting it off...(while I was calling you haha!) I finally sat down and made myself do it. Blllahhh! It's now 2:29pm so hopefully you're almost done :)