Okay, so maybe that title is not quite accurate considering our situation, but Dustin and I are definitely the new, proud parents of this little cutie...
We're now ready to take pictures of the baby when he/she comes. We told the baby today that it had better be super-cute when it comes out, or else we were taking this camera back and using our old, crappy point-and-shoot that we already have.
I really struggled with the choice between this camera and either the Nikon D60 or D80. After talking with my friend Ben (also our wedding photographer), we decided to go with this one. This one will shoot better in low-light situations and the LCD screen on the back is 3" versus 2.5" with the Nikon. This one also will shoot 3.5 frames per second versus 3 with Nikon. It was a bit more expensive, but not enough to make a big difference. Plus, thanks to Best Buy we have 18 months to pay it off with no interest! (On a personal note, it was not easy for me to buy a camera at a 'big box' store, but I really needed the financing and we already had the Best Buy credit card so it left me with little choice. I didn't buy any accessories, though. I will buy those from Cord.)
I haven't opened the box yet, but I'm anxious to get started playing with it. I've never shot Canon before, so it's going to take some getting used to. We wanted to get this a few months before the baby so we can get some practice and make sure we're pro's by the time July 23rd rolls around. We'll hopefully have some pictures to share from around the house soon!
I'm so thankful that the semester is ending next week because then I will have time to do all the things I've been wanting to do, but didn't have the time for!! Dustin is also thankful because his workload is going to be so much more manageable. He does start teaching his first class on May 18th, but that will be easy compared to what he's been doing.
P.S. My friend Tasha, who is also pregnant and due three weeks after me, is having super-painful kidney stones! I hope you feel better, Tash!!!
2 comments:
is the camera a girl or a boy? did it have a good apgar score? what's its name?
aww thanks for thinking of me on your blog :)
I'm so glad to hear you decided on a new baby! It's beautiful. I can't wait to see what he/she produces for you:)
Post a Comment