Probably the most fun thing about having a baby is getting to shop for children's books all over again. (I would rather buy books than cute clothes, to be honest.) I bought a couple floating book shelves for the baby's room and now I need to fill them with books (oh, darn).
Here's a picture of how these shelves look on the wall when you add books to them:
I went to Schuler's Books the other day (our local bookstore chain) and bought these two gems:
I had to limit myself to getting just two books. I had a stack of 13. That would have been a little over the top... can't go spending $100 on books. I'm going to go back every time I get paid and get a couple more.
Speaking of kid's books, I've been meaning to post this for awhile now, but I keep forgetting. As I've mentioned before, I have a nice collection of Berenstain Bear books. Lots and lots of them. It was about 4 years ago that I realized that they still made new books in this series and I kept buying them every time I saw a new one. (Did you know that Mama and Papa bear had a third baby bear?! The baby's name is Honey. Now they are a family of five.) Anyways, they're in pretty good shape considering most of them are pretty old. There is one exception. One of these books is being held together with transparent tape and a miracle. The corners are torn, the cover is ripped and the pages are all bent-up. I know exactly why this particular book is in the shape it is -- it's because my parents encouraged me to read this one more than any other...
Ah, yes. The book where Sister bear can't stop biting her nails. It's a shame that reading this book never helped. As a matter of fact, the only thing that cured my bad habit was getting pregnant. My nails grow faster than I could possibly bite them off. Now they're nice and long and manicured.
Anyways, does anyone have any favorite childhood books? If you do, leave me a comment. I want to make sure I'm not overlooking a classic when I do my shopping.
6 comments:
I am a huge fan of anything by Shel Silverstein!
green eggs and ham, fo sho!
the added bonus to this book is, you can round out story time with a little snack.
food's always good.
I so knew where you were going with that.
Sorry hun, we tried.
my kids loved and still love goodnight moon!
Paper bag princess!!
goodnight moon
the runaway bunny
skuffy the tugboat
the saggy baggy elephant
the mousekin series (out of print!)
berenstein bears
amelia bedelia
Post a Comment