Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Last weekend...

This past weekend Dustin and I went to Columbus for a little visit. One of the strange things about moving far away from friends and family is that my calendar seems to be marked by weekends where we can go back to visit. If we ever have a few days off work/school we're always trying to see if we'll have enough time to go visit either of our families. Inevitably, when we do visit, there's never enough time to do what we want and see who we want to see. It's rough sometimes. 


On Friday, Dustin and I got up extra early to pack the car and head off to our doctor's appointment. We got the results of our quad-test, and everything looks great! This was a pretty uneventful visit otherwise. After the appointment, we headed off to Edgerton to see Dustin's family for a bit. This was just a quick stop to say hello before going to Columbus. It's only an hour out of our way, so it's definitely worth it. It was also Bailey's (his sister) 15th birthday on Friday, but unfortunately we didn't get to see her because she was in school. After our 3-hour visit, we were off to Columbus. First we stopped by Abby and Eli's to see the twins. Dustin and I got there at a good time because we each got to feed one. (We were practicing...I got Olivia and Dustin got Charlie.) It was great to see the whole Bowman family. 

Next we headed home to have dinner with my parents and then it was on to visit Mandy and Joe and their fancy new floors. They have been working hard to re-do all of the flooring in the downstairs of their house. It looks awesome! 

Saturday morning Dustin, me and my mom went for a little shopping visit at Easton. We got some great stuff at The Container Store (another store Lansing is missing). For lunch we met my Aunt Janet, Melissa, Hannah, Jill and Ella for lunch. It was a lot of fun. Ella (who will be three in July) was the star of our lunch -- she kept us laughing the whole time.   

DSC_0825

I didn't really notice Ella in this picture until I was writing this post, but Dustin caught her in this picture 'digging for gold'. 

DSC_0828

When we got back from lunch on Saturday, we helped my Dad paint the baby's crib. It took four cans of spray paint, but we finished it. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but this is the same crib that I used when I was a baby. For being almost 26 years old, it is in remarkably good shape. Here's my Dad in action...
DSC_0832

Sunday morning, Dustin and I went back to Easton to meet Amy and Jim for brunch at Bon Vie. It was excellent! I had crepes (whenever I'm in doubt about what to order, I just order whatever Amy gets and I'm good). I forget exactly what kind of crepes they were, but they were very, very good.  Aren't these love birds so cute?!

DSC_0838

Finally, we headed home with a PACKED car (we drove Dustin's Yaris) and I complained most of the way home about not having room to lay my seat back and sleep. I'm worse than a child with long car rides. If I'm not sleeping or listening to an interesting podcast, then I'm not happy. Dustin is a lucky man, that's all I'm going to say.

1 comment:

nancy said...

it's kind of fun, actually, acting like a child on long car rides.
until you actually HAVE a child who is acting like a child on long car rides.