Monday, November 17, 2008

What should I be when I grow up?

Tomorrow is class registration day. It's my second semester at my third school. I have already taken lots of classes over the past six years, but nothing really cohesive. It doesn't amount to much. 


Oh, I've taken Philosophy.
and Economics (micro and macro, thank you).
and Journalism 133, 221 and 231
and Marketing Prinicples
and Direct Marketing
and Advertising and Promotion
and Statistics
and Biology and Astronomy
and American Identity
AND... I've even take math (which I detest). 

I have exactly 89 credit hours of classes under my belt, which is a lot for actually having nothing put together. 

So I'm getting closer and closer to having all of these requirements taken care of, which means I really need to get it together and decide what to do. I think about it every. single. day. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think "maybe I should do ____________ ". 

Heck, I even talk about it at baby showers! (right, Abs?)

So I feel like I'm no closer today to deciding than I was a year ago. In fact, I have added more things to my list of "possible" majors.

To make matters even worse, I just checked on MSU's website about which of my classes will transfer from Ohio University and Columbus State. Out of 17 classes, FOUR FREAKING CLASSES TRANSFER!!!!

That means, if every class I've taken cost $80 per credit hour (which some cost a lot more than that), I would have WASTED around $5000. I expected most of these classes to transfer as my electives... grrrr!

So anyways, what should I be when I grow up?







9 comments:

Shellie said...

fashion designer. i'll be the photographer, because i'm thinking thats what i wanna do... plus people have told me i'd be good at it so that helps. Or you should just be a stay at home mom, but not yet. Designer your own purses, shoes, and jewelry... i'll do the clothes. what about us opening our own scrapbooking store.... although maybe not so much with the economy now.. Or we could make candles they smell nice... How about we be actresses... i hear the money is good.

nancy said...

be a paleontologist. Ross on "Friends" was a paleontologist and look at him - gorgeous friends, hip apartment in New York that practically even if you were an actress you couldn't afford, and you get to hang out and drink coffee all day. plus, you'd be pals with Phoebe and how fun would THAT be? :)

Tasha said...

You can be whatever you wanna be...and I'll support you.
But...IMHO I think you should do Marketing, or PR...you'd be very good at either :)
And it's great to know I'm not the only one that has issues with what they want to me.
I still fight with changing mine.
I kinda want to do PR or forensic physology...(That one is just a dream..but it would be awesome!)
You should check Franklin...some of your stuff might transfer there! And you could take classes online from Michigan!

Erin Nusbaum said...

I would get into physcology (sp?). Be a crazy person doctor!!! LOL

Amy Kennedy said...

Duh, graphic design. You know you have mad skillz.
Or, here are my other suggestions:
1. Speedway breakfast sandwich maker.
2. MAC make-up artist.
3. Personal assistant. You kick-ass at getting Cherry Cokes and taking away dirty coffee mugs. Oh, and yeah... you're real smart.
Whatever you do, you'll be a whiz at it. You're super talented at anything you put your mind to.

Shellie said...

i'm watching the smurfs.... and did you know that the word smurf is a noun, verb, adjective, adverb, pronoun, preposition and every other thing in the english language....

Dustin said...

I'm going to be Thom Yorke when I grow up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjcHhjt6bYo

Eli said...

I think you should be a professional basketball player, Leslarrrrrr.

Eli said...

Okay okay...honestly, Marketing with a visual marketing/PR specialization.