Thursday, June 7, 2012

Making it Work

I cannot wait to move. We have been in a constant state of "making things work" for the past 5 years.

Since Paige has been born we are really making things work. There's no space to put her room in the office because we have too much crap and we have no other space to put that stuff.

Here's where her "room" is currently...


Please don't call CPS on me. I know it's a closet, but at least it's a big closet. This used to be my scrapbook room (hence all the things still hanging up and the storage bins). We had to disassemble Dustin's desk in order to fit mine in his office. We originally were just going to have Paige sleep in our room, but when the month we were moving got pushed back we had to make changes. Baby girl needs to sleep in peace.



This is my daughter's dresser. It's not a dresser. Her clothes are crammed in our closet, hanging off a basket that we use to store old hand towels and wash cloths.




Since she has no room, I hung up pictures/memorabilia in a corner in our room...




Under the pictures is her little folding sleep thingy (what is that thing called, Mandy?) and her bibs are stored on the side of my night stand.

I've never been able to decorate my kids' rooms the way I want because I can't paint the walls nor have we had the resources to spend extra cash on stuff like that.

Same goes for any other room... we are stuck with the paint choices of the apartment (which isn't terrible at this place), but it isn't what we have in mind.

I am SO excited to buy a new washer and dryer. I've never had a new set (always bought used) and I'm tired of having to put something heavy on the right side of the washer so that the water will drain out and start the spin cycle. If I don't put something on it or push on it, the water won't drain. 

Dustin has never had a quiet place to do his work from home. His "office" here is right off the living room (the main room of the apartment) and he can hear everything going on through the walls. He has constantly worked out of coffees shops and his shared office at Michigan State.

Our own yard for the kids to play in. Enough said.

This kind of stuff is really starting to bug me. My friend Amy pointed out that it's probably because the end is in sight and so I'm letting things annoy me that I had previously just dealt with.

Our house passed inspections with flying colors and the owners agreed to fix two very minor things. The only thing that could hold us up is paperwork at this point.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

yay! i'm also going a little crazy here. it's tough stuff to move from a house you love with an awesome backyard to a stupid apartment. i'm so happy things are moving the opposite direction for you!