We used our Hotels.com App to find one of the more reasonably priced hotels in the area about an hour before we got there. We didn't want to plan ahead of time since we didn't know if we'd get too tired before Nashville or have a sudden burst of energy and want to drive even farther. Turns out, Nashville was perfect and we booked our stay at the Millennium Maxwell Hotel for an almost-too-good-to-be-true price of $69 for the night. I was holding my breath until we got there, but this hotel was amazing. I wouldn't have been surprised one bit if they had wanted to charge us $150-$200 for the night. The rooms were super clean and the staff was so nice. As a matter of fact, when we woke up in the morning one of the cleaning ladies came around asking if we wanted fresh coffee or more towels. I haven't had anyone do that for me before -- even at much more expensive places.
We got a jump on our driving and left at around 8:00ish. We stopped at McDonald's and Starbucks, got gas and hit the road.
I love watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and so I am always on the lookout for restaurants that Guy has eaten at when I travel. Thankfully, there were several in Georgia and one that we were driving right past! (I love this website for looking up the places he's gone to.) We stopped for lunch at the Marietta Diner. I didn't remember it from the show, but it was good food. I had a chicken Caesar wrap, Dustin had a Reuben and Henry had the mac & cheese.
After lots more driving and lots more gas/pee/drink breaks, we finally arrived at our hotel at around 10:30 on Monday night.
When we got the hotel, I immediately changed Henry into his swimming trunks and took him down to the kiddie pool for a little "midnight" (11:30pm) swim. It's vacation so bedtimes do not apply. It was also a reward for spending a day and a half in the car. Side note: He was decently good in the car. He can now completely take himself out of his carseat and that has been a BIG struggle for us. He doesn't seem to grasp the seriousness of his offense.
We didn't swim for long and then headed up to the hotel room for bed. We had a full day of Magic Kingdom-ing to do the following day.
Side note #2: We had two double beds and I had planned on us taking turns
No comments:
Post a Comment