Friday, September 30, 2011
Henry Hankins
He's been talking up a storm.
He's a hungry boy because a lot of his words are food-related.
Soup (Shoup)
Cereal (Shereal)
Cheese (Chee)
Juice (Juish)
Water (Wawa)
He's also been going through an independent stage. As in, he needs to do every single thing on his own. He will hold out his hand to stop you if you're getting too close while he's trying to do something. As he holds out his hand he says "push" (poo-sh). I think it's a threat. Like, "I'm going to push you if you come any closer."
He's still BFFs with Woody (Wewe). Woody has started going places with us (stores and the park) and, of course, to bed with Henry.
Dustin and I have recently started to realize what an amazing memory he has. He can remember things that he did only once, even when those things happened months ago.
At my doctor's appointment yesterday Henry pointed to the blood pressure cuff and then came over and showed the nurse where she should put the cuff on my arm. Once she had it in place, he took the squeeze-thing and started pumping the cuff up. The nurse was very patient and let him do it as much as it needed. When my doctor came in, Henry pointed to the doppler. When I asked him where it went, he pointed to my belly and then ushered me over to the table to lay down. He has it all figured out. Thankfully my doctor is also very patient and pulled up a chair so that Henry could help him hold it while they searched for the baby's heartbeat. As soon as he heard the heartbeat, Henry said, "baby!". As far as his understanding of what's going to happen in a few months (I'm officially in my third trimester!), I think he has absolutely no clue.
I took this picture for an assignment in my photography class. It's nice to be able to take pictures of Henry and get credit for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
love that boy.
Lels, that is such a great picture of Henry! Such a cute lil smile on an adorable face :)
Post a Comment