Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our Perfect Day

Today we had made plans for me to go out to a coffee shop and work all day. (I'm really behind on work.)

Once we woke up and realized what a beautiful day it was going to be, we ditched those plans and decided to go to Potter Park Zoo.

I have a Columbus Zoo membership, so with the discount I get up here because of that, the three of us got in for $4. Not too shabby!

This zoo is MUCH smaller than I'm used to, but it was nice to be able to get through all of the exhibits in about two hours.

When we got there, Henry was taking a snooze.


But we woke him up so that he could watch the otters.


As you can see, he was still sleepy.


I loved seeing the ostriches. They were massive. I don't think I've ever seen any this close before. I was shocked how big their feet were!


Henry was waving to all the animals.


They had a barnyard area where you could feed the goats. They were beggars.


We bought goat food for a quarter and Henry gave them their treats. 


I was surprised at how much he loved feeding them. He only tried to eat one goat treat.


This looks a lot worse than it was. Henry didn't cry when the goat bit his hand, but he pulled his hand away and gave the goat a dirty look.


It's hard to tell, but there's a cutie-pie little baby mandrill in there. His name is Jabari (he will be 1 in November). It was fun to watch him hang all over his mom, run and fall down and search for food. It's amazing how similar Henry and Jabari are...




After our zoo trip we went to Biggby for an iced coffee drink. Right next door was Okemos Dairy, an ice cream place. We decided to get Henry a kiddie cone. (It was NOT kiddie. It was adultie and Dustin had to eat a big chunk before we gave it to him.)



After ice cream, we went shopping and picked up the rest of Henry's summer clothes. We got swim trunks, water shoes, shorts and matching muscle shirt. I'm so glad I found water shoes this year! Last year I couldn't find them. 

Yesterday I used my Crazy Cash online at Crazy 8's to get Henry a bunch of cute summer stuff - can't beat 50% off! Plus, last year I scored some plaid shorts at Kohl's for Henry to wear this summer. They were $1. Awesome. Little boy clothes are so cute when they're not covered in sports gear or camouflage. 

It was a great day for our little family!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awe hims good at feeding animals... Erma and Arthur...

It'll be awesome to take him to the Columbus zoo now that's he knows what's going on lol

Anonymous said...

Love all of the pictures!