Thursday, April 7, 2011

Getting out of trouble

Henry was sitting on the dining room table, next to me, while I was on my computer this morning. He was messing with my phone, but decided to throw it on the floor when I asked him to get off the table.

As I was scolding him for throwing my phone, he lifted his pointer finger and got this horrible look on his face like he was in pain. He said "ooooohhhhh" and kissed his finger, then he shoved his finger to my lips so that I could kiss it.

Here's the thing: THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH HIS FINGER! It was nothing but a distraction to get my attention away from talking to him about throwing my phone. He came up with the whole scheme on his own in a matter of seconds.

How do kids his age learn to be manipulative like that?!

Of course, I could hardly keep a straight face (well, let's be honest... I was laughing). After seeing how happy I was with the whole situation, Henry made a little fist so that he could "bump" fists with me.

Apparently by that point his finger was feeling fine.

1 comment:

michelle said...

A for fantastic