Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Why Comcast Sucks: Part 387

I am quite certain that every time I get a Comcast bill in the mail my blood pressure goes through the roof.

Yesterday was a perfect example.

I was told a few weeks ago that my Comcast bill was going to be $104 per month. I was very, very clear on the phone to make sure that this $104 price was after taxes, fees, and all the other ridiculous charges that they tack on to the end of the bill. Rest assured, they told me, I'd only be out $104 each month.

I get the bill yesterday and it's for $110.04. I'm not good at math, but I'm pretty sure that's more than $104.

Wouldn't you know it, they're charging me five freaking dollars to rent a modem FOR THE PHONE SERVICE THAT I DIDN'T WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. This $5 is over and above the $104.

I get the bill, and instantly I'm pissed off. I seriously cannot believe what a bunch of incompetent jackasses work for that company.

I have to call today and talk to someone about it, but I'm scared that I'm going to start yelling at the poor fool that gets my call out of the phone queue.

We want to quit cable (this reminds me of the Friends episode where Chandler tried to quit the gym), but we're scared. Okay, we're not scared, but we're just not sure we're gonna be happy without TBS, TLC, Comedy Central, MSNBC and The Food Network.

Someone please tell me that we'll survive without cable.

6 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Hi Leslie,

Sorry about the phone service being added on to your account. I am sure we can get this straightened out right away. I work for Comcast. If you’d like, I can have my contacts take care of this ASAP. If you're interested in my help, do not hesitate to contact me! :)

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Brown and Serve said...

Ok- I was going to leave a comment telling you we've lived without cable for 7 years and have been just fine-minus a few OSU games only seen on the Big 10 Network. However, seeing the first comment left by Mark up there, you should probably try that route first. In case it doesn't work, not having cable just leads to you liking other shows, and watching hulu a lot more!

Unknown said...

now that's service. next time i need a company to fix something, i'm going to rant and rave and call them jackAs on my blog. that's a whole lot easier than sifting through all of the different people on the phone.

also, we are ditching cable next month and doing the hulu/netflix thing.

Unknown said...

i was just thinking. did this mark guy do an internet search for both of the words "ComCast" and "JackA" to find your blog post? if so, they must already know they suck. so go ahead and ditch 'em.

Abbey said...

Okay, am I the only one who thinks it's a *tiny* bit creepy that Comcast found this blog post?

Anyway, we had about a billion problems with Comcast, and decided to ditch it. We don't miss it. Every once in awhile I really miss a TLC show, but I'm over it now.

We have Netflix (8 bucks a month), and we have a wii, so we have instant streaming right to our TV. They don't have everything available instantly, but it's enough to keep us happy when nothing is on. I'd have to say my biggest complaint is the lack of interesting TV during the daytime. Netflix has a great collection of documentaries that are available instantly, so that's a plus.

But seriously, I think it's weird Comcast found you.

Michelle said...

you cannot live without cable. too many things happen. and hulu doesn't cover it all.