Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick-or-Treat!

Trick or treat was this evening in Lansing. We went over to Danny and Darla's (some friends from Dustin's program) house for pizza beforehand. Then we went around in their neighborhood. They have a little boy (Noah) who is 18 months old. Henry and Noah play really well together, and we thought it would be more fun for Henry if he had a friend to go with.

Here's Henry and Noah sitting in the tree in Noah's front yard. It was REALLY hard to get these two together for a picture. This was the best one of the night.



Henry was supposed to be Woody from Toy Story, but there were a few hitches in the plan. I already had jeans, cowboy boots, a handkerchief and the belt and sheriff's badge before I even decided what Henry should be. It seemed like it would be easy to find the shirt and then I could just make the little cow print vest. Let me tell you, it was not easy to find the shirt. I looked everywhere for a yellow and red plaid shirt. I ended up saying 'screw it' and I bought a red plaid shirt at Target and bought fabric to cut and iron on the cow print vest. Also, the belt we had was way too big for him and there was no way to get it to stay on. So, (sigh) Henry went as Woody's cousin -- Cowboy Henry.

By the way, Henry took a nose-dive towards our coffee table a few days ago, hence the lovely scrape on his nose.

This is the very first house they went to. At this point, Henry had no idea what was happening.



Henry's like his dad; it takes him a long time to make a decision.



Before too long they really had the hang of it, so we let them (try to) run up to the houses alone. Noah was always trying to reach the doorbell. It's amazing how quickly they learned from each other.



He hated the hat. This was the only picture with it on. Many, many times he would throw the hat down (after our repeated attempts to put it back on his head) and kick it. He would let out a little scream when he would have to take it off his head.



This might be my favorite picture of the night. I love that he's running to the door. Obviously, he was a pro by now.



After and hour and a half of walking and running and making decisions about candy and throwing tantrums about hats...



... he was one tired little cowboy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awww! so precious. love that guy.

Daddy said...

The picture of Henry running is my favorite. I think that captured the essence of the evening. Noah always ran ahead and Henry tagged along behind.

Then it would take them 30 seconds to crawl on hands and knees up the porch stairs; then they would immediately extend their hands upward to get the goods.

Haha! That was one of the best evenings I've ever had.

Michelle said...

Cowboy Henry... thats almost as bad as being a hobo while everyone else was a clown.

actually not. i just thought i should bring up that happy halloween memory for you.