Last month, I took Henry to get his pictures taken. I went to a different place this time -- Portrait Innovations. I couldn't pass up their offer (one 10x13, two 8x10's, four 5x7's, four 3x5's, thirty-two wallets and six greeting cards for $9.95).
Here's the picture we got with the offer:
When I saw this picture, all I could think about was how much he looked like a little boy. The way he's holding his hands is so cute. I'm sure you'll notice that his hair is still red. It's redder and thicker than ever. His eyebrows are also red, so I'm thinking the color is going to stay. Weird, but I love it.
All through the session he was waving to the photographer. His wave is a little wonky. He holds his hand close to his face and waves backwards.
Of course, we had to get a few shots of him in his monster hat.
Things that he started doing at 8 months:
1. Continued crawling on his belly up until about a week after his 8-month birthday. All the sudden he just figured it out and started crawling on his knees.
2. He was finally able to pick up cheerios with his thumb and index finger (pincher) and put them directly into his mouth.
3. I started feeding him more 'people' food. (Dustin makes fun of me because it's not like he was eating dog food before this.) For example, we went to Panera for breakfast and Henry had half a bagel ripped up into tiny pieces. Although, it was probably more like a quarter of a bagel because a lot of it ended up on the floor.
4. He started pulling himself up onto furniture to stand and take a few steps along whatever he was holding onto.
5. Because of number 4, he started looking like a child of abuse. He frequently has bumps or red marks on his head from losing his grip and falling or constantly trying to stand up while seated under the coffee table. This has led me to question his intelligence. We've added bumpers along the coffee table and even removed the bottom shelf, but he still seems to find trouble. It's so amazing how he can cry so hard, but once Dustin or I pick him up everything seems to be less painful.
6. This month was the first time we used a can of simple saline on his clogged nose. For those of you who haven't used this on your kids, I was amazed at how helpful it was. He hated it, but it cleared up his boogie-filled nose in about three days.
7. For an early Easter gift, we got him a little walker. I didn't think he'd be able to hold on to it, push it and walk with it at the same time, but he did! He's not super steady, but he can do it.
8. He says, "dada".
Well, that's about it. He goes to the doctors on Friday for his 9-month checkup, so I'll have more pictures and info to post about his 9-month activities soon!
1 comment:
heartbreaker.
Post a Comment