Earlier this month (March 11th through the 14th) Abby, Eli, Charlie and Olivia came to visit. We were SO excited to have visitors, and especially excited to have some friends for Henry to play with. I hadn't seen Charlie and Liv for awhile, so when they walked into our apartment I almost cried! I should also say that Liv walked into the apartment and said "hi" to me like it was no big thing. I just cannot believe how much they are doing these day (and that was even 2.5 weeks ago... I'm sure they're learning to ride a bike without training wheels this week).
One of my favorite parts of the whole weekend was giving our kiddos a bath. Abby and I have been friends for almost 22 years, so seeing our children together like that was definitely cool.
I must tell you that I was cracking up with all three of them in the tub like that. Charlie and Liv would stand up and bend over to grab a toy or something and they would inadvertently bump Henry in the head with their naked tushy. TOO FUNNY! Henry didn't seem to mind one bit, though.
During their visit, we also spent a day shopping at Ikea. Abby and Eli had never been, so I felt like it was my duty to show them all the greatness of Ikea. Side note: while we were shopping at Ikea, I was holding Charlie for a bit. He decided to lean in and give me the sweetest little kiss -- for no reason. Adorable!
We also watched a movie, ate good food and of course, played with the kids. Henry loves Abby. She knows all kinds of fun songs and games -- many more than his boring old mom knows.
Charlie and Liv helped me put on my makeup for the day. Don't let this picture fool you, Charlie was actually really into it!
We also played euchre. Let me tell you, that was the funniest thing! Dustin had never played before, so we spent a long time teaching him. Dustin, I love you so much but you stink at euchre. I'm not sure that Abby, Eli and I have ever laughed so hard. He had an extremely hard time with the concept of 'trump' and also that the jacks of the trump color are the two highest cards in the game. Hilarious!
Overall, it was a great visit!
2 comments:
Next time we get together, Joe and Dustin can be on a team together.
Maybe then I'll FINALLY WIN A GAME in this millennium.
The concepts of euchre just didn't sink into my thick skull. I still just don't get it!
Post a Comment