Friday, June 5, 2009

It's crunch time.

Lately, it's been hitting me that I have about 7 more weeks of 'freedom' before the baby comes. I have LOTS to do around the house still. I want to get as much organizing and cleaning done as I possibly can before the sleepless nights begin. Some of these things are small projects that can definitely wait, but I would rather just get them over with. Some of the things on my to-do list include:


Put pictures in the empty frames that I have decorating our place
Really (for real) organizing our office (it makes me crazy in there because it's so cluttered)
Hang curtains where the closet doors used to be in our office (to hide all my scrapbook stuff)
Make the baby's bedding
Cleaning the car seat and stroller that we bought
Getting everything in the basement into plastic containers instead of cardboard boxes
Mop the basement floor
Get a cover for the sump pump hole-thingy in the basement
Getting our other dryer from my parents house
Getting all my crap from my parents house that I want to sell at our garage sale
Have a garage sale (maybe on July 11th)
Finish my sister's quilt
Send off Tasha's baby gift
Get Dustin's cousin a bridal shower gift
Wash our summer bedspread
Beg Dustin to clean the oven
Buy life insurance
Buy nursing bras (sorry, to all the guys reading this)
Hang curtains in our bedroom (the sunlight wakes me up every single stinking morning)
Possibly hang curtains in the baby's room (If I can find a way to re-purpose some curtains that I already have. I don't want to buy anything else.)

It almost makes me tired looking at everything I want to get done. I also have a trip to Columbus for the shower, a trip to Detroit for The Fray concert and Dustin family is hopefully going to make it up to visit us before the baby comes. Mixed in between all that, I'm still working (but not for long!). 

Dustin leaves this Sunday for a quick trip to Alabama. He's helping the Air Force with some research. He'll be gone until Tuesday night. I'm glad it's a quick trip because I HATE being home alone. I don't like the fact that there is nobody else up here. If this were Columbus, I wouldn't have nearly the same issue with it. 

So that about does it. If anyone wants to come up here and stay with me on Sunday and Monday night and mop my basement floor, that would be great. :-) 

2 comments:

nancy said...

you forgot one little thing -
Buy Nancy a cool new pair of glasses, wrap them in pretty pink paper, and send them off to Columbus - along with a nice little note.
:)

Tasha said...

Ugh...the dreaded list.
I have one too.
We're slowly getting through ours...but time is just flying by to quickly!