Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Father's Day and The Fray

When I was home for the baby shower, we were able to celebrate Father's Day on Sunday. It was great timing that we were in town. All 5 of us went to lunch at Uno's Pizza before Dustin and I headed off. 

Mom, Michelle and I bought Dad some new shirts (we either get him golf stuff or clothes for every single birthday/holiday).

IMG_0199

Here's Arthur trying to give him the card that "the dogs" got him. Arthur is always trying to get up on the counter and be a part of anything going on. I swear he thinks he's human. 

IMG_0200

This was the last Father's Day before my Dad is going to be a Grandpa! He's a great Dad so I know he's going to be a wonderful Grandpa. I bet he'll have our little baby playing golf before we know it! 

I got Dustin a Father's Day card (he's only 3 weeks away from being a Dad) and a new toolbox. Dustin's not really a "handy" guy (I'm not being mean... he would tell you the same thing), but all Dad's need a toolbox to fix little things, assemble furniture, etc. Dustin had one, but it was really small and it didn't fit all of the tools we have. (He's already gotten some use out of it this week when he hung a curtain rod for me!) 

________________________________________________________________

Jumping to this past weekend....

On Saturday Michelle and I went to the Fray concert in Detroit. 


It was wonderful. These boys are so good!

IMG_0227

This is a shot I took from our seats. Issac (the one I have a crush on) is the one standing on the piano looking extra cute. Michelle and I talked about how the lead singers of all of these bands have to be extra skinny so that they can stand on their pianos (the guy from the opening band, Jack's Mannequin, stood on his piano's keys). 

IMG_0239

Michelle, very excited to see the band. 

We both agree that they are amazing in person -- even better than the CD. It's our third time seeing them, and it definitely won't be the last. 

Michelle came up to visit on Friday night and left Sunday. She informed me that it only took her 3.5 hours to get from Holt back to Hilliard. That is an INSANE record. Dustin and I have NEVER made it to Columbus in less than 4 hours. I'm not even going to think about how fast she must have been going. (I cannot believe that she didn't get a ticket in Ohio... I got one in Findlay for going 74 in a 65. So dumb.) I'm also happy to say that she didn't get lost once during the trip (both ways). Congratulations, Michelle... you'll have to help Mom with directions next time. Right, Mom?!

Okay, I'm slowly catching up on blog topics!! Hopefully I'll wrap up stuff tomorrow. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Is that your first ticket/warning without me in the car?!

Shellie said...

i just got paid. i'm buying their live cd from the concert we just went to. ill burn you a copy. its amazing.