Last weekend Dustin and I went to Edgerton for the 'First Annual Dick Sleesman Memorial Bluegrass Festival'. Dustin's grandpa always went to the local campground around this time each year to play music with his friends. Even though this was the first year he wasn't there, we went to listen to the music and visit with family.
I was not willing to 'camp out' in my current state, we stayed at Bob and Gina's in our cozy bed. :-) (Luckily the campground is only about 10 minutes from their house.) While we were at the campground on Saturday and Sunday night Dustin had a great time playing with his brothers. Keegan and Kaden were SO excited to have him play with them.
Dustin complained for two days that his legs hurt from all the peddling he did on the paddle boat.
Dustin and Keegan on the four-wheeler.
Dustin and Kaden.
Funny story about Kaden. We were getting ready to eat (at the campgrounds) and I had grabbed two buns, one for me and one for Dustin. I was carrying them over to put some meat on them when Kaden saw me. He said, "Leslie, do you need two buns because one is for you and one is for your little baby?" Ha!
Keegan was really sweet on Mother's Day. We were all at church and they had little planters with begonia's to give to all of the mothers. They asked the kids to come to the front of the church, pick a plant and then go give it to a mom. Keegan came over and gave me one because he said, "You're going to be a Mom, so you get a flower." He also gave me a picture frame with his picture in it that he had made during the kid's service.
I've also been meaning to tell this story, but I keep forgetting. Now seems like a good time! About 4 months ago when we were moving, Dustin's family came up to help us. We were out to dinner at a local pizza place and Keegan and Kaden were riding with us in the car (they love to ride with us when we're around). Keegan asked Kaden to plug his ears for a minute because he had something secret to tell Dustin and I. Keegan proceeded to tell us that he had changed his password on his computer to 'uncleK' because he was really excited to be an uncle (but of course he didn't want his little brother to find out).
We both thought that was so cute. It's weird to think that these little boys are going to be uncles.
I just realized that somehow I managed not to take a single picture of anyone else but Dustin, Keegan and Kaden the whole weekend... geesh! I'll have to remember that for next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment