Monday, May 4, 2009

Fork + Shovel = Yard Work

For those of you who don't know just how resourceful Dustin and I truly are... I present to you the picture below. We had this little flower bed next to our porch that was in a sad state. We decided that instead of continuing to look at it gather more weeds, we would fix it up.  Unfortunately, we do not own any gardening tools. This is where we became resourceful. I used the fork to help me loosen the roots of the weeds before pulling them, and Dustin used the shovel to get out the old mulch, rocks, etc. 

IMG_0001


Dustin thinks that since we admitted to using our fork for gardening, nobody is going to want to come over and eat anything at our place. 

IMG_0002

This is Dustin showing off his muscles and shoveling abilities. You can also see how crappy the flower bed looked. Oh, and we also had a rake that really helped get up the old mulch and stuff. 

IMG_0004

Doesn't this look so much better!!

But we decided not to stop there. We went to Menards and picked up some plants. (And a few real gardening tools...) 

IMG_0005

We worked our little buns off last night. We filled up 4 of those big lawn bags with dead leaves, rocks, old mulch, sticks from all the trees in our yard and litter (there was a ton of litter in our yard for some reason). 

Here's what it looked like finished this morning.

IMG_0011

It's nothing fancy, but it sure does look better. The plants/flowers are snapdragons, daylilies and something else (the ones on the bottom right hand side of the screen... I forget what those are called). Dustin also put the big rocks in little arrangements so they weren't just laying around in there. 

Also, these are the first official pictures taken with the new camera. I wasn't even trying, but already these are 100-times better than our point-and-shoot. 

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I'll still come eat...can you just be sure Josh gets the fork with the dirt? :)