So now that the whole phone fiasco is over, things have calmed down a bit.
Last night, Dustin and I had one of the most fun nights together. We were big dorks. Here's how our night went:
1) Watched the worst movie while we ate dinner. If you've seen Mission to Mars, you understand where we're coming from on this one. It was still fun to laugh at how pathetic the movie was. Also, it was free on 'On Demand' so we didn't lose any money on watching it.
2) We headed to bed and played Go Fish (Dustin won) and War (Dustin won) while we watched some TV.
3) We goofed around (not that way) and I pushed Dustin off the bed. Laughing ensued.
4) We finally got around to getting in bed and watched TV before falling asleep.
It was totally uneventful, but fun.
Today I feel like total crap. I have a headache and I feel queasy and I have heartburn. Yuck. I'll be thankful when all the sickness is over with. I am into my 12th week of being pregnant so I figure I should be feeling better any day now. Dustin will be happy whenever this happens.
Tomorrow Dustin and I are headed to Detroit to watch the Buckeye game with his friends Kevin and Becky. They recently moved to Michigan (poor suckers) so that Kevin could work on his PhD at Wayne State University. We're also going to stop by the Apple store so that they can fix my computer. I cracked the case and they said they would fix it for free!! We have to get there early though, so we'll be spending the WHOLE day in Detroit.
Right now I am patiently waiting for my delicious Graham Cracker Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches. These are from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook from Jessica Seinfeld. They are super easy to make, here's what you do...
Mix together 2 cups of plain/fat-free yogurt, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cut of lowfat buttermilk, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and finally the zest of one lemon. Freeze the mixture together until it starts to harden. Then, make sandwiches with it in between graham crackers. Wrap them individually in wax paper and freeze them. Super yummy, and not too bad for you. The only problem is that I could eat like 6 of these at a time (but I don't).
Bon appetit!
2 comments:
Oh Les if only I knew how good the second trimester was. Enjoy it when it comes, it's like the honeymoon of pregnancy.
Hmm... haven't tried the lemon bars yet (don't remember seeing it!)! Good to know it's a good, "safe" recipe from the book!
Post a Comment