Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New and Improved

Wait a minute. Something can't be 'new' and 'improved' at the same time, can it?

Either way, my computer feels new and improved. I had cracked the case of my MacBook -- it left a little hole so that dust, liquid, debris, etc. could get in to the hard drive and potentially cause major damage. I was crossing my fingers that the repair wouldn't be more than $50. As it turns out, the Apple store charges over $200 for just such a repair. Thankfully, a wonderful man named Eduardo said he would do it for FREE! Yay! I just got my computer back today and it is beautiful. They replaced the entire keyboard and the casing around the keyboard. It looks brand new. 

DSCF4744


Unfortunately, what is NOT looking fantastic is my iPhone. One of the pixels died on the screen and it's permanently red. Yes, there's a red dot on my screen that never, ever goes away. I asked the guy about it at the Apple store today, and he said that if I scheduled another appointment then they would get me another phone. It's laughable at this point. Third time's a charm, I guess. 

Oh, and just in case you're wondering. My dad's, sister's and husband's iPhones are working perfectly. It's just me that seems to be having the bad luck. It's like bad cell phone karma or something. 

Speaking of new phones, Dustin's hasn't left his hands in days. I woke up the other night and Dustin was on his phone in the middle of the night! He said he couldn't sleep. (I probably couldn't sleep either if I were too busy on my phone to put my head on the pillow.)

DSCF4747


Enough about electronics...

My Mom turned me on to this little gem... it's a website called www.thegoodcook.com. I was able to get four new cookbooks for free, 1 for 50% off and I have to buy one more for full price in the next year or two. These are the books I got for only $26 bucks (that included shipping). 

DSCF4743


Dustin and I are currently watching Parking Wars. It's quite a show. These people in PA will do anything to get out of a parking ticket! It's also crazy to watching what people will do when there car is getting ready to be booted. What do you expect will happen when you don't pay your 16 parking tickets? 

Nighty night!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

the wii keeps telling me i have good balance and perfect posture.... its wrong.