Thursday, January 29, 2009

Naval Oranges and a Duplex

Navalorange


I'm 15 weeks pregnant today, and apparently the baby is the size of an orange! Only 5 more weeks until the halfway point. 
_______________________________________________________________

Today, Dustin and I filled out an application for a new apartment. We're really excited about this one! It's a duplex, so we only have one neighbor and it's just a guy and his dog. 

The duplex has three bedrooms (the master bedroom, baby room and my scrapbooking room), a huge dining room, medium-size kitchen, a fenced-in backyard, deck, full basement (where Dustin's office will be) and huge trees that shade the front of the duplex. 

We're really happy about the location. We recently discovered a little town called Holt that's about 10 minutes south of Lansing/East Lansing. It's a nicer, more settled area. It's hard to find something to rent in Holt because there's hardly any apartment complexes, just houses/duplexes to rent -- and they don't come up for rent that often. We're also glad to not be renting from a huge apartment management company. Instead, we're renting from Bill. I found this place on craigslist and we jumped on it.

The only negative thing about our new place is.... (Mom, don't freak out).... NO central air-conditioning. There's an air conditioner in our bedroom, but other than that, nothing. I'm not that worried about it because of all the trees. There's trees in the front and the back that will definitely give enough shade to make it tolerable. Plus, we live in Michigan. Summer is like three days long. 

Now all we have to do is pack and get the heck out of this dump in a hurry. Does anyone have any boxes?





3 comments:

Tasha said...

YAY!
That's great news! Keep us posted.
And let me know when you're moving...we can come help. :) Well you and I can drink hot chocolate and watch the boys do the moving haha.

Abby said...

I am so excited for you guys, but your mom isn't the only one freaking out! :) You might want to buy a bunch of giant fans, cause you'll be pregnant those three days of summer that you'll have to endure. :)

Brenda said...

Oh, I'm not freaking out. You will be fine without air-condition. I grew up without it, and only had a window air-condition while I was pregnant with you and I had to go all summer long till September.