Monday, January 12, 2009

A little post I like to call, "bullet casings on my doorstep"

Two mornings ago, I woke up to what sounded like three bullets being fired from a gun -- close to my apartment. I then heard my next-door neighbor (who lives under us) slam their door. 


I asked Dustin if he heard anything, but he rolled over and snored a bit more. I'll take that as a 'no'

I brushed it off. Surely someone wouldn't be shooting a gun in an apartment complex at 6:00 in the morning on a Monday, right?!

Tonight, Dustin and I came home from getting my textbooks, when he picked up and showed me a bullet casing. He found it on our doormat. Nice. 

I called the Lansing police and they sent an officer over to collect the 'evidence' and take my statement. The police officer kept telling us how this apartment complex was nice like a year ago, but it has rapidly gone down the pooper. If a cop tells you that you live in a crappy area... you live in a crappy area.

Oh yea, the Cop also told us that our neighbors are "probably selling dope."

We're getting the hell out of this joint ASAP.

6 comments:

Erin Nusbam said...

OMG! Leslie! Get the H*ll out of there!

Shellie said...

Actually that's kinda badass... I'll come up and ivestigate

nancy bjorkman said...

run, don't walk.

Tasha said...

Oh my!
I hope you guys find a place soon. Let me know if you need help moving :)

nancy bjorkman said...

deja vu! That sounds familiar. And mom's right...run, don't walk.

Dustin said...

Yay! One more reason why we LOVE living in Lansing *sarcasm*