Okay, so lots to catch up on...
1) For Dustin's birthday, we went to a cute little restaurant called All Season's Bistro. His best friend Cory and his wife Molly drove all the way from Fort Wayne, Indiana just to surprise him at dinner (Dustin has some nice friends!). He had no idea they were coming up, so it was really fun. The food was great and Dustin and Cory talked geek about their iPhones while Molly and I talked about babies and books. Good times!
2) Did anyone know that the name-brand of Q-Tips is far, far, far superior than the off-brand? I didn't know this until about a week ago. Holy cow. I will never go back to the Target brand. Sorry, Target.
3) I went shopping with my friend Julie today and I got some super-cute new plates at Pottery Barn. They are small plates (we don't have little saucer-type plates) and they were super-cheap. Love it.
4) You all remember Joshua, the little three year old boy who is in LOVE with Dustin, right? You know, the one that called me Box? Well, I was over visiting this morning (before Julie and I went shopping) and Joshua showed me a picture of a My Little Pony that he had colored for his Dad. Here's how our conversation went:
Me: "Oh, wow, Joshua. That's My Little Pony!"
Joshua: "No it's not!"
Me: "Actually, yes it is. That's a My Little Pony."
Joshua: "NO IT'S NOT! It's not your little pony, it's my Dad's little pony!"
Julie and I were cracking up over this. Funny stuff.
5) I have been really lacking motivation to work on my classes. I'm taking three classes this semester and I just cannot seem to make myself want to do the work. Now I'm to the point that I need to do a TON of work tomorrow or I'm going to fall miserably behind.
6) According to thebump.com, our baby is the size of a lemon. We're into the second trimester now, so that's good news! The risks go way down. The next doctor's appointment is this Thursday.
7) I'm not liking the new job so much anymore. I think I'm just way burnt out on working retail hours. The things that I would used to be able to deal with are really, really frustrating to me now. I don't think it's the particular job, just the environment.
8) It's past midnight and I can't sleep so I'm watching the first season of The Office.
Goodnight!
2 comments:
Okay, I totally hear you on the q-tip thing. We've tried several off-brands, and they just don't cut it.
This is one case where name-brand is worth the extra dollar!
I did know that about q-tips! I found out the hard way, too!
Post a Comment