Monday, December 1, 2008

White Out

I woke up this morning to this:


DSCF4670


This was the view from outside my door. 

Last year (our first Michigan winter) everyone here told us that the massive amounts of snow was "unusual" and "not like this every year" and "not typical". I think they were just saying that so I wouldn't freak out. 

So we probably got 7 or 8 inches of snow in like a day and a half... and it's only the first day of December. Things didn't get this bad last year until like January. 

It is pretty though. I like this kind of snow where it sits on top the tree branches. 

The one bad thing about this winter is that the Michigan government is broke -- this means that our roads will basically be just like a slip-n-slide. They've already made announcements that they won't be plowing and salting as much this year. That was the one thing that impressed me last year -- everything was very quickly plowed and salted (multiple times). So I suppose this year we will just wait and see.

More to come later!

3 comments:

nancy said...

this would be absolutel heaven to me.

Tasha said...

well you guys be careful driving around!
It is a pretty sight :)

Eli said...

I must say that even though it looks pretty, eventually you have to go out in it, drive in it, and live with it as it turns nasty and brown and ugly along the side of the road. YECH! That's why I call it "the white plague".
...however, it's nice to look at.