Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I might have poisoned my husband...

I went to class this morning and then before coming home I decided that I really wanted a salad for lunch. Mmmm...with asiago peppercorn dressing and raisins on it. Yum. So, being the thrifty shopper that I am, I bought a bag of lettuce (mixed field greens) that was on "Manager's Special" at Kroger because the expiration date was coming up in a few days. Those work best for us because we eat like one salad each out the bag and then the stupid thing goes to waste before the next time we eat it. The whole bag was on a dollar, so I couldn't resist. (The economy is bad people! I have to save money where I can.)


I came home, made up two adorable looking salads for me and Dustin and some soup to go with it. What a great lunch! Dustin came out to the kitchen and took one bite of his salad (he always sneaks in a bite before the food is on the table) and then took his lunch into his office to eat. After about two minutes he came out and told me he felt like puking. Then he paced around the living room and then ran like a bat out of hell into the bathroom where he promptly began to puke his guts out. 

He thinks I poisoned him.

I think I might have inadvertently poisoned him with the cheap mixed field greens. Woopsies! Thank goodness it was only a buck because I had to throw the whole bag away a mere 45 minutes after I bought it. That's the only thing we can think of. Everything else was brand-new. 

Sorry, Dustin! 



 

5 comments:

Dustin said...

No wonder she's been interested in a life insurance policy lately...
From now on, we will randomly determine which plate is mine and which is hers.

Nancy said...

oh, Les, are you SURE it was the salad that poisoned him and NOT your face?

Nancy said...

Les, you DO KNOW that i'm kidding, right? EVERYBODY, i'm kidding! i love Leslie to pieces and i do NOT think she has a face that would poison her husband! i always talk smart-alecky to Les and she knows i'm ALWAYS kidding. you DO know that i'm kidding, right, Les? Brenda, please know that i am kidding and i do NOT think your daughter has a face that would poison her husband. i joke around with her all the time and maybe i do it too much. i promise to stop being such a wise ass. I LOVE YOU, LES!

Leslie said...

Of course you're kidding! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if you had given a serious answer. I would probably call Abby to make sure you were feeling okay! :-)

nancy said...

whew! that's a relief! for some reason, i thought maybe i had gone too far with my kidding around. (me? go too far? never!)