Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend in Edgerton

Hello everyone! Last weekend, Dustin and I went to Edgerton to spend some time with his family. We were only there from Friday until Saturday afternoon (I had to work Saturday night).

We were there because normally there would have been a camp outing (a yearly get-together for the Sleesman's), but since Dustin's grandpa is pretty sick right now they hosted a bunch of meals at their house all weekend so that everyone could spend some time with him.

One of the things we got to do was watch Keegan and Kaden play in their soccer games on Saturday morning. Kaden absolutely cracks us up. He's the funniest little kid. In addition to being the ONLY child that I know who would rather eat a completely plain piece of lettuce rather than a cheeseburger. He would rather eat a plain butter sandwhich than a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. He loves really bland foods. Anyways, he's also the only kid who wears a winter cap on his head on a hot summer morning to play soccer (see below). He said he was hot, but he didn't want to take it off.

DSCF4515

Another funny story about Kaden...

Dustin and I were sitting on the couch at his grandparents and Dustin called Kaden over. I asked him if he was going to give me a hug at all today and he corrected me and said, "i already gave you a hug this morning!!" (Well, excuse me.) Dustin then asked him, "Do you know what Leslie is to you?" Kaden, knowingly, replied..."she's my sister-in-law." Then I asked him, do you know what you are to me? He looked a little confused, so I told him, "you're not my sister-in-law....but you're my...." He said, "BROTHER-in-law!" We told him he was right, and then he turned to me and said, "alright, I guess I can give you another hug." Ha! So funny. Keegan, on the other hand, is full of hugs. I bet he hugs Dustin and I about 10 times a day when we go to visit.

Us at the soccer game...
DSCF4493

Dustin and I also went on a walk around Edgerton (the smallest town I've ever been in) so that he could show me around some more. We played on the playground at the elementary-middle-high school.

DSCF4484

This is my cutie-husband sitting on top of the "tire toy".

DSCF4473

And this is my cutie-husband almost falling on his face when he tried to get off the "tire toy".

DSCF4474

Dustin and his grandparents :-)

DSCF4533

...and apparently Dustin called his Uncle Rick to see what they were wearing that day.

DSCF4530

I'll have to remember to take some pics when I'm in Columbus this weekend. I seem to always forget to take pictures of my family...woops!


2 comments:

Shellie said...

you come home. tomorrow.

Shellie said...

oh yes. Dustin. i do appreciate you answering your sister-in-laws phone call =\ lol