Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why I Hate the Postal Service...

Dear United States Postal Service,

I would like to file a complaint with the "you are a freaking moron" department. Recently, my husband and I have been purchasing several hundreds of dollars worth of textbooks from Amazon and eBay. Seeing that we live in Michigan and most of these textbooks do not, we must use your shoddy service to get these textbooks to our apartment. 

We've been noticing that our postal carrier must be a few cards short of a full deck because they have been shoving textbooks into our tiny, little, square cube of a mailbox instead of using the full sized mailboxes with the little keys. (You know the ones I'm talking about...you get a key in your small mailbox and use it to open the larger mailboxes which contain your oversized item.) You even had the option of taking the large item to our apartment office and leaving the package with them and leaving that cute little note in our mailbox to let us know that we have something to pick up. 

Now, before today my husband and I have been dealing with the huge hassle of trying to get these packages out of the mailbox (along with all of our other mail). It's annoying, but what's a girl to do?

Today I have finally had enough with your stupid crap. I went to pull my $60 Astronomy textbook out of my mailbox (a full-sized, soft cover textbook) and everything seemed to be "normal". It wasn't until I took the book out of the package that I realized your pathetic, lazy, mail-carrying self folded the textbook and snapped the CD that came with the book in two. 

Thanks. That was the CD that I needed. 

Now I'm $60 + shipping out of luck and screwed for my class.

Sincerely, 
Leslie

6 comments:

nancy said...

Dear Ms. Sleesman,
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the U.S. Postal Service. Your complaint has been forwarded to the nearest big, black hole.
Again, thank you for your interest and remember, postage is going up in November!
Sincerely,
The U.S. Post Office

Abby said...

Haha! Not funny at all to you, but so unbelievable that I have to laugh. You really should forward this to the postal service for real. They owe you some dinero chica!

Dustin said...

Well, I happen to love The Postal Service (It's a band)!
:- )
Here's proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Postal_Service
And here's Ben Folds singing their most popular song: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1709545

Tasha said...

hahaha.
Thanks for the laugh Les. I know you are not laughing though :(
I hope you find a new cd!

Brenda Maddy said...

sorry about your luck but what do you expect from the [united states] postal service... A+ quality... come on Lesbo you're smarter than that. They're just part of the typical american work force, they go from 9-5 doing the least amount of work they can.
sincerely, Michelle

Stephanne said...

That sucks! Can you file a claim? Especially since it's a "repeat offense'?