Monday, August 11, 2008

Ahhh, Columbus...

Warning: This is going to be a long post! 

I've been in Columbus since Thursday night. We decided we would leave after I got off work, just so there would be no complications in the morning that would prevent Dustin from getting to the airport on time. We got in around 1:30am Friday morning, and were doing pretty good tired-wise. We stopped for coffee and had great conversations the whole ride. I love long trips with Dustin! 


We got a pretty good night's sleep and headed to the airport in the morning, as planned. Dustin has been enjoying his trip (or at least it sounds like it from the phone calls) so far. I'm sure he'll have lots to post about when he gets back (Wednesday morning). 

Here's what I've been doing thus far:

Friday night, I went out to Flannigan's in Dublin to play Volleyball with some friends from Cord. Before I left, I made sure to squeeze in a nap. (I was pretty tired from the drive the night before. I thought this was the perfect time to catch up on some z's.) It was so good seeing everyone! Volleyball is always fun, even though most of us are pretty bad at it. :-) 

Saturday me, my mom and sister all went out to do some shopping and run a few errands. We decided against having the garage sale because the entrance to our street is closed due to construction. It would have made it very difficult for people to find our house via the detour. Instead, we took our books, clothes and other household items to a variety of second-hand shops. We didn't receive a lot of money, but it was nice to get everything cleaned out. Of course, it wouldn't be a trip to Columbus without spending some time at the Hilliard Cord and Half-Priced Books to do a little shopping. I also took another nap.

Sunday, we went to Cord to scrapbook (even though my mom ditched me about half way through). Michelle was working, so she hung out with me while I scrapbooked. I went home, had some yummy dinner (ribs), read one of my new books and watched episode of Ghost Whisperer. Finally, much to the chagrin of my dad, the four of us played Pictionary. 

I should tell you that usually bad things happen when my family plays this game. People yell, people don't draw quickly enough, people draw pictures that are way too small to see, people draw perfectly obvious pictures and other people guess the completely wrong thing, people want divorces after playing this game, people want to disown their siblings after playing this game, people hate their new "brother/son-in-law" after playing this game. Basically, it's a disaster waiting to happen. 

Nevertheless, my sister really wanted to play, so we convinced my dad that it was a good idea. We promised to play nice. It went well except that Arthur, the-dog-that-thinks-he's-a-human, felt the need to be involved. Here's what he looks like attacking my mother....

DSCF0053



After this incident, we got him a chair to sit in so that he would feel included...

DSCF0055


...and for about 20 seconds that worked. 

DSCF0056


My mom and I won Pictionary, by the way. 

Today, I took yet another nap (man, I love naps), read, and watched more episodes of Ghost Whisperer. We finished going to the second-hand stores and even made a pit stop at the AT&T store so that I could get more information about possibly switching carriers. It looks like they are going to be cheaper than Verizon for what we would like to do. 

And right now we're playing Taboo. 

This amazing exchange just took place while my dad tried to get my sister to guess "Olive Oil"

My dad: This is something that your mother uses to cook with. 
Michelle: Fast food?
My dad: This is a liquid.
Michelle: Crayola oli?

I don't know about you, but I don't want crayons anywhere near my food, thank you very much.

Have a good night! 



 

3 comments:

Tasha said...

HAHA...You're family Cracks me up!
I'm glad you're enjoying your trip :)

nancy said...

crayola oil?
and you say i cook weird stuff!

Stephanne said...

It was great seeing you Friday and hangin' out on the Volleyball Court!