Dustin and I had the BEST time at Put-in-Bay this past Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
We took the Miller Ferry over to South Bass Island, and set up camp at the South Bass Island State Park. We had an awesome camp site -- it was a cliff site so we were right by the water.
Here was the view from our tent.
Since I'm much better in a hotel, Dustin made this little sign for me for outside our tent :-)
On Monday we had a blast when we rented a tandem Jet Ski and went out on the water for a half hour. The guy at the rental desk told Dustin (as he was getting us our life jackets) that if we fell off the ski, that my boobs were my own floatation device and that he should hold on to me...haha! Dustin couldn't believe the guy said that! :-)
We both had to take this little boating quiz before we were allowed to ride - since we were born after 1982. It was so funny because I took the quiz in about 5 minutes and got a 9/10. That's the lowest score you can get and pass. The pressure was on Dustin because if he didn't pass, he could take it one more time and then I would have to be the driver. I was giving him a hard time because he was slower than me (it took him about 10 minutes). The rental desk people were also giving him a hard time about it. Of course, he passed! He got the same score, so we couldn't tease with each other too much.
The water was sooooooo much fun! It was definitely worth the $64 that we paid for the rental. Dustin was much more brave than I was. He was speeding over the waves while I laughed my head off and held on for dear life. Since we were soaking wet after the ride, we decided to take a little swim in the lake. It was refreshing, but we were really tired afterwards. Too much excitement for one day.
Another one of the awesome things that we did was to go up in the Perry Peace Monument. It was 352 ft. tall and it was a perfect day to get a really good view of the surrounding islands.
On Monday morning we went on the Island Tour. It was about an hour long but was really interesting and informative. We got to get to know the island better and also learn about the history. We really liked our tour guide, too.
On the last day we went to the Heineman's Winery and Crystal Cave tour. They were both short and sweet, but fun. We had lunch on the Boardwalk, which has a couple little places to eat (including a main restaurant), a marina and has a bunch of boats docked around it. After that we headed back to catch the ferry. We were planning on staying longer, but in the end we were glad we left because it was getting pretty darn hot the last day. Both Dustin and I prefer to camp during cooler weather.
We will definitely be going back there -- even if it's just to rent the Jet Ski again!!


2 comments:
Never thought of "the girls" as having life-saving potential, but it's good to know!
I enjoy reading your blog, Leslie... keep sharing! :-)
Yay! I'm glad you guys had so much fun :)
Makes me want a vacation more and more!
Post a Comment