Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our Columbus Trip.

We're back! Dustin and I have been in Columbus since Saturday night. We got back in to town around 4:30 today.


As usual, it was great to be able to go shopping at Cord and Half-Priced Books. I miss those two stores more than anything else up here.


On Saturday night Dustin and I went to see Hancock with Michelle. Dustin and I both rated the movie at a B, although I think I liked it more than he did.


On Sunday, the three of us went to breakfast at Starliner Diner and then we just hung out for the afternoon until Dustin and I needed to get ready for Katie and Matt's wedding. The wedding was hot and sticky, but totally worth it. We had a great time. Katie (who has THE most beautiful eyes of anyone I know) looked amazing in her dress.


Dscf4186


This is our friends Rickie and Wendy with the bride :-)


Dscf4188


Here's a pic of Dustin and I (I always squint like that when it's bright outside).


On Monday night Christy, Cindy, Tasha, Mom, Dustin, me and Michelle went to dinner at Max and Erma's before going to the tattoo parlor.


Dscf4192


Here's Christy and Cindy...don't they look cute?!


Once we were at the tattoo place, we decided that Michelle would go first. (At this point, my Mom was on the verge of a heart attack. She was worrying herself sick about infections, dirty needles, ink poisoning, etc., etc....)


Dscf4204


Michelle and I both agreed that the tattoo's didn't hurt, but it felt funny. Besides, it only took about 4-5 minutes to actually do the tattoo. It took the guy (who was the world's WORST conversationalist) more time to set up the stuff than it did to do the work.


Dscf4226


On Tuesday, I was so excited to be able to spend some time with Abby. She took me to this store at Polaris called Paper and Thread. It was adorable. Lots of cute stuff, crafty stuff, paper and fabric stuff...all the stuff I love. She also told me some very exciting news about her baby, or shall I say BABIES. That's right!! Abby and Eli are having TWINS! :-) Dustin and I are super excited for them.


After the mall with Abby, I was looking forward to dinner with Amy! We went to Carrabas for dinner (I had never been there before) but it was awesome. Amy and I always have lots to talk about, so it was wonderful to catch up. We went to Target after dinner so that Amy, in all of her infinite wisdom, could direct Dustin and I on which camping accessories to buy. We ended up spending like an hour and a half in Target goofing around. It was a great night!!


I'm looking forward to camping now that we have an air mattress, air pump and folding chairs. These were much-needed to make camping for me more enjoyable. Plus, we'll have them for a long time, so I think it was a good investment.


Well, it's off to bed now and back to work in the morning.

2 comments:

Brenda Maddy said...

This statement is from Michelle.
Leslie i'm very impatient and just want our darn tattoo's to be better its redic. and also i've moved back into your room, its cleaner and more comfortable, love you

Katie said...

Aww.....I love the pics.....gosh it was hot that day! I was so sweating...wish we had more time to hang out! Love you both!