Friday, November 2, 2012

Coversations with Henry

I am one of those mothers that posts almost exclusively about her children on Facebook. I'm sure I've gotten myself blocked or unfriended from quite a few of my "single-and-loving-it-and-don't-want-kids" friends, but it's all good. I need a place to record this stuff and it's just so darn easy to quickly put it on FB.

Here are some of his antics that haven't made it to Facebook, but I want to remember:


Dustin: Henry, do you like Daddy?
H: Yes.
Dustin: Do you like Mommy or Daddy better?
H: Mommy
Dustin: Why do you like Mommy better?
H: She's pretty.


Me: Henry, go potty. You haven't gone pee in a long time.
H: (Goes into bathroom and comes out a couple minutes later but never flushed.)
H: I didn't pee.
Me: Why not?
H: My pee went to Disney World.


Me: (I come downstairs to find Henry "cutting" Paige's hair with his fake medical scissors.)
H: Sissy's hair is so yucky.


Me: Henry, where are we? (Points to church/preschool.)
H: Church!
Me: Yep, but what else is it?
H: Don't know.
Me: It's your preschool.
H: No, mom. It's my REAL school.


He always watches a show in the morning before/during breakfast. It's either Handy Manny or Jake and the Neverland Pirates. This particular morning he was wearing his "pirate" shirt from Old Navy. It's a yellow shirt with a dog on it that is wearing a pirate hat (he picked it out, and he loves the ugly thing).

Me: Henry, do you want to watch Handy Manny? There's a new one that recorded.
H: (Looks at me like I'm a total idiot and points to his pirate-wearing-dog-shirt).
H: Mom, I need to watch Jake-and-a-Neverland Pirate show!



Instead of saying "stinky" he says "dinksy". I refuse to correct him.

He is VERY sensitive to smells. He will not go into Paige's room in the morning unless he is covering his nose/mouth with his hands because she often wakes up pooped and Henry says she's "so dinksy".

He WILL NOT pee in a toilet unless it is flushed. He won't even go into a bathroom if someone else has done their business in there and it's even a little "dinksy".

No comments: