I'm sure you all have figured out by now that I didn't have the baby last Thursday like I originally thought. I went into the hospital for an elective induction, but was sent home four hours into it because mamas that were actually in labor (the non-induced kind) were flooding the labor and delivery floor.
I was not a happy camper. I thought once I was checked into a room in the hospital I would be good to go. That was not the case. It caused a bunch of inconveniences for our families. Dustin's mom and Bob drove up with the kiddos so they could watch Henry overnight while I was in the hospital. They ended up leaving about an hour after they got here (they drove four hours for nothing). My mom was already well over half way up here when I got the news that I was being sent home, so she just continued on her way.
My dad and sister were planning on coming the next day (Friday) and they decided to come up for Christmas even though there wouldn't be a baby.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1:40pm and then I am scheduled for another induction on Thursday morning at 8:00am. Thursday is my actual due date, so I don't know if I will still be considered an elective induction at that point, but I think we will all be a little more cautious about calling in the troops this time around.
I am pretty happy that I avoided the baby being born on the 24th, 25th or 26th. Those are the birthday's of close friends/family and I wanted the baby to have it's own birthday. As long as we can avoid the baby coming on Saturday (my aunt's birthday), we will be good!
Christmas post/pictures to come soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment