About a week ago I started having a major craving for barbeque sauce. Seriously, I can't get enough. We ate City Barbeque yesterday with some family (in between the calling hours for my sweet grandmother who passed away on Easter day... which will get it's own post soon), and it was delicious. I ate about four different types of sauce. Today I had mini wieners and barbeque sauce as part of lunch and then barbeque chicken for dinner.
Maybe it's the fact that summer is right around the corner and barbeque sauce always reminds me of good summer food on the grill...
...but more than likely it's because I'm pregnant :)
Yep! You read that right. Dustin and I will be expecting our second child in December (the 18th is the due date). We are beyond excited. It's still very early, so we're crossing our fingers and saying our prayers that everything will be just fine. I'll be 7 week on Sunday. Right now, the baby is only this big:
I have my first doctor's appointment on May 4th and then my first ultrasound on May 27th. I always feel so much better after the first ultrasound; until that point it's hard for me to believe it!
For inquiring minds:
1) Yes, I'm still watching Abby's twins this summer
2) Abby's doctor will be doing my prenatal care while I'm in Columbus. Then I'll switch back to my own doctor when I come back to Michigan in August or September.
3) No, we're not going to find out the sex of the baby.
4) I never really had any food cravings when I was pregnant with Henry. This is new territory, but I only want BBQ sauce- nothing else.
5) So far, I feel great! I have some mild symptoms, but I had any easy first trimester with Henry so I'm not expecting much excitement in that department.

3 comments:
1. Congrats!!!!
2. You're my hero
3. My dad's BBQ sauce is amazing, if that's still what you want when you get to Columbus I'll get some to you. How exciting!
Christmas babies are the best. :)
I'm not sure if we'll make Christmas, but if the baby is early, we can still hit Chanukah. That target is much bigger than Christmas.
Post a Comment