I un-stuck him and waited until his next nap to see if he'd do it again. He did.
So, after a lot of thinking, and a phone consult with my older, wiser, mother-of-twins-who-are-also-in-a-toddler-bed friend, Abby... I decided to go with the toddler bed option instead of the crib tent option.
So on Sunday we converted the crib.

His first nap was mostly successful. We had to help put him back in bed about 10 times (and take out all his toys from the room) but he did fall asleep in the bed.
I was totally dreading his first night, though. Right after his nap, he came down with a case of diarrhea for the rest of the day. Even though we were diligent in changing him right away, he still got a rotten diaper rash. The poor fella had to eat his dinner standing up because he was crying when anything touched his tush. Needless to say, I was pretty sure he wasn't going to feel cooperative when bedtime rolled around.
Thankfully, I was wrong. Once we tucked him in, he didn't get up to play at all.

Here he is all tucked in for bed. His first night in a big boy bed!
At around 10:30, we heard a "thud" on the baby monitor. I went in to check it out and he had fallen out of his bed, but was still sleeping. He didn't miss a beat. I picked him up and put him back in bed and he never woke up through the whole ordeal.
He woke up one other time (at around 1:00am), but that's par for the course with Henry.
The next time I heard him was at around 7:00 this morning. I went in to get him and he was standing at his door waiting to run out.
Yesterday, (Monday) was a little rougher, but it wasn't Henry's fault. I got the flu/food poisoning (I'm not sure which it was) at around 7:00pm. So Dustin slept on the floor in Henry's room. At around 4:00 last night Henry got sick (all over Dustin, I might add). Thankfully, his was a one-time deal and after an early morning bath, he went back to bed and has been fine ever since.
Here's hoping tonight is a little less chaotic and a little less puke-filled.
3 comments:
OMG! This is adorable! I can't wait for Zach to be in a big boy bed. Do you guys shut the door to keep him in there or put up a baby gate?
He is just so cute and so big! I'm glad it's going well. Charlie has kicked things up a notch with the not napping. I gave in and put a doorknob thingy on his door today. :( Hopefully Henry is more cooperative. :)
Erin, we shut the door (we always have). He hasn't figured out how to open it yet, thankfully!!
Post a Comment