Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Most Rootin, Tootin Cowboy Around

For Henry's birthday, he got a "Woody" doll from our friends Cory and Molly.

You know Woody, right? From Toy Story. If I recall correctly, Jessie (the cowgirl) calls him 'the most rootinest, tootinest cowboy around'.

I completely agree.

Dustin (my genius husband) decided about a week ago that he was going to treat Woody like another little kid when it came time for bed. (Did I mention that this plush doll is almost as tall as Henry?) Dustin gives Woody a kiss, lays him down in the crib on the pillow, covers him up, and tells him night-night. After Woody, it's Henry's turn. We give him kisses, lay him down in his crib (right next to Woody), cover him up, and tell him night-night.

For the past several days Henry hasn't said a (bo) peep when he goes to bed or takes a nap. I guess if you don't feel alone, there's no need to cry.

I just put Henry down for a nap and as I type this, I'm listening to the sounds of silence. :)

5 comments:

Tasha said...

I would like to "like" this blog post :)

Molly said...

Yay! Glad Woody and Henry are friends. Though the mental picture of Dustin kissing Woody good night is kind of a funny one...

Dustin said...

I am no genius. I give full credit to the Russian psychologist Ivan Petrovich Pavlov and his salivating dogs.

Unknown said...

sounds like Dustin oughta put Woody on the potty, wipe his little cowboy bottom, help him flush and then wash his hands. Why not use a good thing while you got it? :)

Leslie said...

Abby you are cracking me up. I'm gonna teach Woody how to do ALL KINDS of housework. It's not child labor if the child is plush, right?